Forest For The Trees [2]

{Silver's POV}

"Wow. What's up with Mike?"

I asked, yawning as I came out of my room, as I saw Mike training in front yard, and I aised my eyebrows.

"Wow. what's up with Mike? I don't think I've seen him train this hard. I do not ever used to seeing him train so hard ever."

Kevin said, and I looked at him, as I went to grab the extras that I had put in a container.

"He's actually been working really hard on his symbol power lately. I think he wanted that disc. Really, really bad like super badly."

Emily said, and I sat in the corner of the table. "I know. I felt kind of bad as I took it in front of him." Mia said.

"Don't feel bad. Your hard work is the exact reason that we've chosen you. I have told Mike, that he needs to work just as hard." Ji said, and I sighed

"But he's been trying."

Emily said, and I nodded. "Yes, and I believe he has it in him. But, until he learns to listen, he just isn't ready."

Ji said.

"Sometimes trying isn't everything Emily. As much as we would probably all like it to be, trying is definitely not everything."

"You have to give up, your entire life and everything in it, to be a Samurai, and that isn't just trying to just do a certain thing or something. There's plenty of things in here, that come from a whole lot more then trying."

I said. "Wise words from the Wise Wolf." Jayden murmured and I kicked him in the shin. "Ow."

He muttered, and the Gap Sensor went off. Jayden looked at it, and I stood up and we all raced off.

"Hey, what is all this?"

Jayden asked, as we ran up to the scene. "Everyone looks so glum. It's like they have all now, become the Kevin." Mike said.

"Shut it Mike." I said. "What?" Kevin asked. "Look!" Emily shouted. "Isn't it wonderful? Such delicious depths of the despair from my rain."

The Nighlok said, landing in front of us all, and smirking at the crying out people. "They're so lucky. They get to experience the purest, the cruelest, as it is, the loveliest misery of all. It is of course... The loss of hope."

Nighlok said.

"That's horrible." Emily said.

"Yes it is! Isn't it?"

The Nighlok said. "Let's destroy him already." I said. "We've got to get rid of this guy fast." Mia said.

"Oh, we will." Mike said.

"Ew! What a ugly little sunny outlook you have especially when the forecast  calls for rain. My rain of pain."

The Nighlok said.

"Not going to happen, Nighlok. Let's go get him!" Jayden said, and I pulled out both of my spin swords, along with the others, and I charged.

"Enough talking about the weather. Instead of the rain, I'll just cut straight to the pain!" The Nighlok said, and his staff blasted us all back.

"Mia! We have got to use the new Discs!" Kevin said, pulling out the Swordfish disc, holding his bow.

"Right." Mia said, pulling out the Beetle Disc and holding her Sky Fan in her other hand.

"No! Wrong as rain!"

The Nighlok shouted, and the Beetle Disc, was now up in the air blasted as cleanly from Mia's hand.

I leaped for it, but I missed, and Mike caught it. "Mike! Give it to Mia!" I said, holding my spin sword in my hand.

"Mike!" Mia shouted.

"Mike no!" Jayden shouted, as he put the Beetle disc on his Forest Spear, but it did nothing. "Shadow Staff."

I shouted, and but by then, suddenly the Nighlok was gone, and I looked at Mike, and my eyes flashed with fury.

"Mike I am so disappointed. Putting yourself above the needs of the team, places all of you in serious jeopardy."

Ji said, looking as angry as I had ever seen him before.

"Here I thought you were finally listening to me, and training hard to strengthen your symbol power, and the team in itself."

He said, and Mike just looked prideful, and I shook my head at him from where I was on the wall.

"Look, maybe I am the last defender, and I'm definitely the last Silver one, but I can't and will not, defend our team against one of our own."

I said, and he looked at me.

"You could have gotten us all killed, if the Nighlok had wanted to do us in on us right back there. But he didn't."

I said, and he lowered his head quickly, but it came back up with a much more annoyed expression.

"We are the last as of now Mike, and we don't know at all, if any others are out there at all, being trained like you all were." I said.

"Jayden is the last Red Ranger, the last Shiba. We all know my family's in the ground. Emily... well we all know." I said, quieter on Emily's name.

"Mia I don't know, Kevin you have other family. But that's three out of us six, who have no family left." I said, and Jayden looked at me.

"We were lucky. I am nowhere near the potential needed to be ready to be the last line of defense, so you'd better shelf your damn ego before you get us all killed."

I finished, and Mike looked at me.

"Sounds like we have a new Mentor."

He said his voice now full of both clear and brute annoyance. I clenched my fists behind my back, and I felt my knuckles cracking.

"I can't believe that it has come to this, but Silver is right about this. You have become a big risk to the others."

Ji said, and I stepped back to the wall, and released my fists from behind my back.

"I am going to now have to ask you, to turn over your Samuraizer." Ji said, as I saw Mike looking immediately pissy.

"This isn't going to go over well." I murmured under my breath, and I saw Jayden nodding. "No kidding."

He mumbled.

"What? You're benching me?!" Mike snapped, and I winced at his tone of voice, which reminded me of father's.

"It pains me to say this, but I don't think that you are truly ready to be a Samurai Ranger, and become one."

Ji said.

"I'm tired of your lectures. You don't know a thing about me." Mike said as I moved closer to Jayden, not liking, the clear edge in his voice.

"And if I'm not ready, would I be able to do this?" Mike asked snapping open his Samuraizer.

Then he was drawing a quick kanji symbol, and the plant was on Ji's stick and wasn't letting it go. "Stop this!"

Ji said, pulling hard. "Stop it Mike now!" I snapped, pulling out my own Samuraizer.

"Mike stop!" Mia said, standing up, and the rest of them stepped forward with me. "Okay. That's enough."

Jayden said, standing an inch away from Mike, who was clearly still full of fury beyond belief.

Suddenly, Mentor Ji yanked on the plant hard, and the pot shattered, and I looked at Mike.

I was still holding my Samuraizer ready, in case he decided to try and take all of us on.

"None of you understand. I'm out of here. You're all welcome to come."

He said, and he walked out, and I let him pass, and I saw his Samuraizer on the floor.