Chapter 14: Almost Done part 1

Cross's POV, Next Day:

Nighty and I headed to the pads with Ink and Fate. We pressed the button and ended up in a room with the teleport pad, A scramble puzzle, and a machine next to the pad.

"This is odd," I commented as I entered the room.

"We probably have to solve the puzzle for the machine." Cross hummed, looking down at the puzzle.

"Probably. I'll see if there are any hints." I replied and looked at the machine.

"...What are we going to tell him?" Cross asked after a few minutes. I look behind me to see his face filled with guilt.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, walking to him and wrapping my arms around him.

"Killer said he was almost broken... both times he spoke formerly... How are we meant to face him when we didn't get both sides? Wasn't that what happened to us... After all, he did for us? We should have known the moment he left." Cross whimpered.

"How would we have known?" I softly interrogated him.

"I looked in his room right after he left. All he took was a photo of us, his locket, and his sewing supplies." Cross responded.

"Hhhh love. We'll just have to approach him about it. That's all we can do." I sighed and held my lover's body against me.

"O-okay..." He whispered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ink's POV:

"So Error is your prodigy?" I asked as we worked on the puzzle.

"Yeah. But not for magic." She hummed.

"Oh? How so then?" I questioned.

"For daily stuff. His parents... were abusive according to mom... and he saw them die... He does not know many days to day things." She sighed.

"Really?" I said in shock.

"Yep. I wish I took more care when forming the destroyer even if he was the most concerned about the balance.

"Balance? Wait, formed?" I wondered.

"I'll explain the balance later. But it's the reason I had to form a destroyer." She explained.

"Okay?" I responded.