Chapter 17: Why?

Error's POV:

"Error? Can we talk to you?" Cross asked.

"Sure?" I responded, walking into the kitchen with Blue, Nightmare, Horror, Dust, And Cross.

"So what did you require me for?" I questioned as they looked down.

"We're sorry..." Blue muttered.

"What for?" I wondered. I became more confused when they stared at me.

"W-we abandoned you... Why wouldn't you blame us?" Horror asked. I simply shrugged.

"Worse has happened. But if it makes you feel better, I forgive you?" I responded. They stayed frozen at my words so I just left.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Ink's POV:

I watched as every one of Nightmare's gang -minus Killer- and Blue leave.

"Ink? Can you follow me?" Fate asked.

"Sure?" I responded as we entered the puzzle room. "What do you wanna talk about?" I questioned.

"About earlier. The balance." Fate said, turning to the second page and handing it to me. "I tried telling you when you were first created but apparently I wasn't loud enough." She explained as I read it.

"I-is this true? There's a limit?" I asked worriedly.

"Yeah... There is always a limit and balance for everything. Even us Deities." She stated.

"Oh, stars what have I done?" I muttered to myself.

"You didn't know." Fate sighed.