X. Damn, That's Rough

A/N: Remember to vote, comment, and follow for updates!

———
X. Damn, That's Rough

I'm in the middle of putting the apparatuses where they go in their compartments on the side of the firetruck, when I spot Nate pull up in his personal truck as he's here to do the report on the incident.

Apparently there was a party and the teenagers running it, got a little too carried away with the flame on the fire pit, catching part of the roof on fire. The two boys who decided to throw the party, are sitting on the curb right now with their face in their hands. I shake my head with a smirk. Kids will be kids.

The Chief walks over to Nate to explain everything that's going on. When I've finished putting everything up, Nate walks over with a grin on his face.

"Hey Carter, how's it going?" he holds his hand out and I take it to give him a firm handshake.

I really like Nate Daniels. He's a good guy and one hell of a sheriff chief from what I've heard. Plus what he did for Bex after her ex-husband showed up a few years ago and nearly killed her, he's at the top of the list of my favorite people in existence.

He did what he had to do to protect the woman he loves. I'll always have a high level of respect for him because of that. Not that I could easily take a man's life, but if he was threatening someone I loved with their life, I wouldn't bat an eye nor lose any sleep because of it.

I will admit at first I was shocked that Bex got back together with the guy who broke her heart as a teenager but I'm glad she finally found happiness. It's like a love story come true. It's nice that something like that truly exist. It gives guys like me hope for a chance at happiness like that.

"Hey man, it's going," I shrug with a laugh. He laughs back and nods as well.

I figure right now is a good a time as any to get some information on Heather. It's still bothering me about how she acted last night after running into that guy. I just need some answers. I'm worried about her and I barely got any rest last night.

"So I ran into Heather last night at the store. I assume you know who Bryan is? Guy is a real dick," I furrow my brow and cross my arms across my chest.

Nate's expression changes from carefree to furious. I can tell automatically he doesn't care for this guy either. Nate goes into full on big brother protective mode.

"He was there with her? What did he fucking say to her?" he ask with authority and I can tell it's taking everything in him to remain as calm as possible.

"No he wasn't. She was there by herself and we bumped into each other. While we were talking, this Bryan guy came up with some blonde girl and started talking to Heather. He was saying some really fucked up shit to her," I explain and tell Nate what he said. Nate closes his eyes in frustration and crosses his arms over his chest.

"That fucking guy, I swear," he growls and pulls out his phone. He dials a number and the person on the other line answers after a few seconds.

"Mom? Have you seen Hev today? Is she okay?" he asks into the phone and I'm beginning to get worried. Should I have followed her last night after she left?

"You have? And she's okay? Okay well keep an eye on her. She had a run in with Bryan last night at the store," he sighs into the phone and after a short goodbye, he hangs up.

"Is everything okay? Now I feel like I should've followed her," I admit and rub my hand on the back of my neck.

"No man, you're fine. You did everything right. Thank you for sticking up for her. Who the hell knows what would've happened had you not been there," he pats my shoulder reassuringly.