XX. It Is Not A Date-Date

A/N: Remember to vote, comment, and follow for updates!

———
XX. It Is Not A Date-Date

"Fuck Heather!" I moan loudly as I spill into the condom.

I lean my forehead on her shoulder blade and gently kiss it. I can taste the sweat on her skin and I really love the taste of her. As of right now, it's my favorite flavor and I'm savoring every ounce of it.

Reaching down, I unfasten my belt that's around her wrists and let her arms free, gently rubbing the redness to bring the circulation back into them. She sighs as she rolls over onto her back.

When I lay on my side, leaning up on my elbow, I look down at her and smile. She's so beautiful as she closes her eyes and regulates her breathing. While her eyes are still closed, I lean over and gently put my lips to hers. I kiss her softly and run my hand up her body, resting it on her waist. I so desperately want to lay in bed with her and fall asleep but I've got to go home and get ready for work in a few hours.

As I pull away from her, she opens her eyes and looks up at me with a warm smile. I tuck her hair behind her ear and off her neck. Even all sweaty and make up smeared from crying earlier, she's still the most gorgeous woman in the world, and I'm desperately falling in love with her every second we are together.

I want to tell her so bad but I know she'd laugh it off, thinking I was crazy. Right now, I'm nothing more than a lover to her, someone who can satisfy her needs. Most people would probably tell me this isn't healthy, that we should end this friends with benefits thing we've got going on but I can't. I need to be near her and have have her in my life. If this is the only way it can happen, then so be it. I know eventually, I'll change her mind on it and show her that I can love her like no one else can. Don't they usually say the best relationships start out as friends and work their way to more?

"I don't want to leave right now but I have to. I start my next 24 hour shift in a few hours," I groan in annoyance and then a thought comes to mind. I already know she's going to fight me on this but fuck it.

"I want to take you out somewhere on Monday," I smile down at her and gently caress her face, trying to ease my request into her.

"Like on a date?" she frowns at me and I shake my head. I already knew she'd ask that.

"Only if you want it to, but it can be like two friends just hanging out," I smile down at her and she instantly smiles back.

Why does she panic so much when the word date comes up? Is she that afraid to be in a relationship with someone? Fucking Bryan, the piece of shit had to ruin her whole attitude towards men, dating, relationships, love, all of it. I should've done more than punched him in the face last night.

I lean over and kiss her lips softly before I get out of the bed. Sliding the used condom off, I throw it in the trash and pull on my clothes. When I look up at Heather, she's laying under the covers naked and smiling at me. I return her smile and grab my shoes as I sit on the edge of the bed, sliding them on. She sits up, holding the covers to her chest and I can't help but chuckle. I reach over and tug down on them so they drop to her lap, exposing her breasts to me.

Heather giggles at me, grabbing my collar as she pulls me into her and presses her lips to mine. I have to remind myself that I have to go before I start stripping down again. Telling her bye and that I'll text her when I'm off tomorrow night, she smiles with a nod as she lays back down in bed. I'm hoping that she falls asleep and doesn't go back to drinking.

•-•

The next twenty-four hour shift goes by quicker than I thought it would, thankfully. I'd texted Heather last night when I got home and we talked back and forth that way until she finally went to bed. I love talking to her, even if it was just through text messages.