EPILOGUE: Why Is Mommy Kissing Santa Claus?

N/A: We are officially at the end of this story guys. Thank you so much for the love and support throughout its journey. From first draft to rework, y'all are amazing! I love you guys and I do all of this for you. Until next time <3

Remember to vote, comment, and follow me for updates!

———
EPILOGUE: Why Is Mommy Kissing Santa Claus?

HEATHER

THREE MORE YEARS LATER:

"Merry Christmas Jackson!" we all yell over the Skype call with my nephew JD. He no longer goes by that name anymore, not since going into high school. Now he's eighteen and stationed overseas for his first deployment in the army. Of course he followed in his father's footsteps and joined the military.

"We miss you baby. I hope you're being safe over there," Bex nearly begins to cry as Nate wraps his arm around her. Although she didn't give birth to him, Jackson is her first baby and she'll always be overprotective of him. Even in basic, she made sure to write him every day so that he knew he was loved and missed. If he didn't write her at least five times a week, she'd freak out, thinking something awful happened to him. My brother gained some grey hairs because of her stressing him out with worry, mostly for her mental state.

"Mom I'm fine. I'm stationed at the hospital so I don't see much combat. Not until I get more of my training done. I'm completely safe, please don't work yourself up with worry," he reassures her as she wipes her eyes.

"I know but I still worry about you baby," she smiles warmly at her baby boy on the screen.

"Don't worry Mrs. Daniels, I've got his back," Alex Cambridge, Jackson's best friend since Kindergarten shows up on the screen next to Jackson, wrapping an arm around him.

"That's what I'm worried about. You two together can't be good. You're determined to turn that hospital into a clown school," she laughs.

"Hey they say laughter is the best medicine Mrs. Daniels," Alex winks at her with a chuckle and Jackson shoves him away.

"Okay Mom, Dad, everyone else, I've got to get back to my next rounds. I love you guys and I'll be back home before you know it," he smiles at us, giving us a small wave.

"We love you too son. And we're really proud of you," Nate smiles and I can see the smallest hint of tears forming in his eyes. Jackson is his first born, and will always be that little boy he'd take fishing on weekends.

The doorbell suddenly sounds out and I begin to smile as all the little ones run to answer it.

"Santa! It's Santa!" they all yell out with excitement.

"Well Hello there little ones. Can I come in?" he bellows with jolly and a muffled giggle escapes my lips. Milena grabs his hand, leading him to Nate and Bex's living room. The two younger boys, Ford and Dean follow closely behind.

Ford, Nate and Bex's youngest, is the same age as Milena and it was so exciting when both Bex and I got to experience our pregnancies at the same time. We both loved that we would be having kids that would be the same age, making them close cousins.

Little Dean, named after my dad, was mine and Carter's little surprise. After Milena turned a year old, we tried for another one. A year and a half passed with no luck. We finally became contempt with the fact we were only going to have our baby girl and stopped trying.