XXV. I Have A Guadrian Angel, Dean Daniels

A/N: Remember to vote, comment, and follow for updates!

———
XXV. I Have A Guardian Angel, Dean Daniels

HEATHER

I finally wake up to a steady beeping noise, that for the last couple minutes, has been driving me mental.  Will it just fucking stop already? It's only adding to the massive migraine I have right now. I can hear voices talking somewhere in the distance and the sound of busy footsteps walking back and forth. Where am I?

The first thing to hit me is the pain and not just from the migraine. I feel it all over my damn body. From the very top of my head, all the way down to the tip of my toes. I stir in my half catatonic state and feel a hand gently grip mine as I finally manage to flutter my eyes open.

There's a bright light above me that's blinding, not helping my migraine and making my head feel like it's splitting open like a cantaloupe. I squint my eyes closed and groan in pain. I move my left arm and that's when I notice a splint on my hand all the way to the middle of my forearm. It's like the ones you'd use for carpal tunnel syndrome. I look around and that's when I notice the person holding my other hand, my mom with tears in her eyes as she looks at me with concern. I look down at myself and notice I'm in a hospital gown. Why am I in the hospital?

"Heather honey, how are you feeling?" she softly asks me as she moves closer to the edge of the chair she's sitting in.

"What happened?" I croak and clear my throat. My voice is raspy and I laugh at the fact I sound like a frog. The laughing hurts my sore throat though so I take a deep breath and close my eyes, bringing me back to center.

"Nice to see even in this state you can still laugh," my mom smiles at me and gently squeezes my hand, being careful of the needle in the top of it for my IV drip.

"But to answer you question. You're at Summerhill Hospital. You were in a bad car accident. Do you remember what happened?" she asks and I try to think back to the last thing I remember before waking up just a few minutes ago. I remember driving down the highway heading home when suddenly there was a loud banging noise and the car swerved on me. I remember being hit hard by something as I started flipping, feeling like I was on a rollercoaster. After that I don't remember anything else.

I explain this to my mom and she nods her head in understanding, a hint of agony emanate in her expression. Everything happened so fast, it's hard to remember every single detail. There's a knock on the door and a man in blue scrubs comes walking in. He smiles warmly at me and my mom, grabbing the chart at the end of the bed.

"Hello Miss Daniels, I'm Dr. Mark Sheppard and I'm your doctor for the time that you're here. Can you tell me how you're feeling right now?" he walks closer to the side of the bed and gently grabs my arm with the splint, checking it to make sure it's snug.

"I feel like I was hit by a truck," I tell him and he chuckles with a sincere smile. He pulls out his stethoscope and places it to my chest to check my heartbeat.

"Well, you were hit by a truck, a big one," he smiles down at me and wraps his stethoscope back around his neck. Grabbing a flashlight, he asks me to look at him so he can check my pupils. I'm assuming I have a concussion.

"Can you lift your gown up a bit so I can check your stomach and make sure there's still no internal bleeding?" he asks me and I adjust myself to pull up the gown to right below my breast, exposing my midriff.