XIII. Well Excuse The Fuck Out Of Me Miss Daniels

A/N: Remember to vote, comment, and follow for updates!

———
XIII. Well Excuse The Fuck Out Of Me Miss Daniels

CARTER

"So are you going to tell me where we are going Mr. Allen or do I have to guess?" Heather smiles as she adjust herself in the front seat of my gloss black '67 Chevy Impala.

"You could guess, but I doubt you'd get it right," I smirk at her and continue my way down the highway to my destination.

"Hmm," she puts her finger to her lips, deep in thought.

I laugh under my breath at her antics. She's always got something to say. Most guys would find it annoying but I love it. It just means there will never be a dull moment with her.

We are nearly there and I'm beginning to get a bit nervous. I want Heather to like this surprise and have a good time. I want her to trust me, to confide in me. I'd rather her use me as her crutch than another bottle of whiskey.

I'm not against drinking, hell I enjoy a beer every now and then, but what she's been doing, drinking herself to sleep almost every night, isn't healthy. I know all too well the signs of alcohol abuse. I can thank my father for that one.

I glance over at her and she's got her elbow on the windowsill with her fingers resting on the top of it while she leans her head a bit to look out the rolled down window. Her long brown hair is moving with the wind and I find myself admiring her beauty. She's fucking gorgeous and she does things to me no other woman has before.

I reflect about last night and when I brought her to my place. I didn't tell her how she started crying and half mumbling about how much of a piece of shit she thinks she is and that her family deserved better than what she was doing to herself. She was battling her demons hard last night and I wanted to be there for her through it all.

When I'd carried her to my bed, she wrapped her arms around my neck and snuggled into my chest. It brought warmth to my heart and I couldn't help the kiss I left on her forehead when I laid her down. Before I could even get up from kneeling on the bed, she'd sat up and quiet clumsily got out of the bed and started undressing herself.

I was taken back at first and wanted to turn away but I couldn't. She was so breathtakingly beautiful and all I wanted to do was wrap her in my arms and love on her. I had to remind myself she was drunk and I'm not the kind of guy to take advantage of a woman, especially when she's intoxicated.

When I quickly grabbed one of my t-shirts, I threw it on her without staring at her half naked body too long. She looked so good in my shirt, like it was made for her to wear to sleep in. I planned on sleeping on the sofa but before I could walk away she grabbed my hand and pulled me back towards the bed.

'Sleep with me Carter,' she'd begged me as she climbed onto my bed.

'I don't know if that's a good idea Hev,' I knew it could lead to more if I laid down in that bed. I was already fighting myself hard not to do anything, but by the end of the night, I was holding her in my arms while she slept. As I spooned her, I had to think of anything beside the fact her ass was touching my crotch and my shaft was reacting to it. God I wanted her so badly.

When we finally pull up to our destination, I look over to see Heather's expression go from contempt to excitement. We are at Roberts Stables, quite literally my favorite place in the world. I started to volunteer here twice a week on my time off when I moved back to North Dakota four years ago.