XXXIII. Move-In Ready My Love

A/N: Remember to Vote, Comment, & Follow!

———
XXXIII. Move-In Ready My Love

HEATHER

It's already been a month since Carter and I have officially started dating. It honestly doesn't feel any different than before we became an official couple. The only thing that changed was the title. You know, where we call each other our boyfriend or girlfriend when people ask. After everything that happened with Bryan, I never thought I'd be able to call myself someone's girlfriend ever again.

We act the same with one another as we did before and are still desperately in love with one another. Having fun together like we did when we were just friends never let up either. I guess that's what happens when you're friends first, even though we acted as more, with you know the kissing and sleeping together aspect of it all. Either way, I'm the happiest I've ever been in my whole life. Carter does that for me, every single day.

"You know, you should just move in with me already," Carter grins down at me as we lay curled up on the couch watching a rom-com about a pair of friends who are sleeping together with no commitment. Convenient isn't it? I laughed hysterically when Carter put it on.

I can't stop myself from laughing hysterically now at his sudden outburst while we are in the middle of the scene of Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman doing some insane sexual position off the back of the couch. Hmm, I wonder if Carter and I should try that out?

Carter chuckles at my reaction while squeezing my sides, making me laugh even more. I nearly roll off the couch as he grabs a hold of me and pulls me back into him, spooning me from behind.

The last couple days on his time off, Carter has been asking me to move in with him. I won't give him a legit answer because I'm worried we are moving too fast. Bryan and I didn't move in together until after two years of being together.

You need to stop comparing your relationship with Carter to your past relationships, especially Bryan. Dr. Gabriel's words echo in my mind, reminding me that the relationship I have with Carter, is nothing like the one I had with Bryan. Bryan could only dream of being half the man Carter is.

"I don't know why you want me to live with you so badly anyways. It's not going to be any different than it is now," I suggest as I roll over to face him and rest my chin on his chest, looking up into his green eyes.

"True, but at least if we're living together you'll be here when I leave and still here when I come back. None of this back and forth stuff we've been doing. Plus you have to admit the two weeks I was off work were like we were living together since you never left," he reminds me and gently runs his fingers through my hair.

I cut my eyes at him because I know he's right. Will I admit it? Nope!

"Okay so if I move in, how long would you last before you're kicking me out because you've had enough of me?" I scoff as I climb off of him and sit up on the couch.

Carter sits up next to me, laying his arm across the back of the couch behind me and I can feel him looking at me intently. He finally reaches up and grabs my face with his hand, making me look at him.

"Heather Nichole, I would never kick you out. Your ass is too sweet to kick out. I'd just make you go somewhere else when my new girlfriend comes over," he teases me and I hit him in the face with one of the throw pillows.