4. Something Big

One Direction- I Wanna Write You a Song

Sabrina Carpenter- Why

Shawn Mendes- Something Big

Hope's POV

"Dad, he's just a friend," I explain for the millionth time.

"Where did you say you met this guy?" We are in the Private Study and his eyes are focused on the stack of papers sitting in front of him.

"I met him at the mall a long time ago. We're pretty close actually," I lie. If my dad finds out that I met Damien at a party, he will never allow me to go on a date with him.

"And how long have you known each other?" His eyes are still scanning the pages.

"I don't know, almost a year?" I lie again. "Dad I've never been on a date my entire life. Can't you just let me have fun? You want me to wither old and single?"

"If that's what it takes to keep you safe."

I scoff. "Dad, he's harmless. Besides, I can take care of myself."

"Bring him to the White House for a date. Could be romantic." His eyebrows are raised, his mouth turned into a frown in a suggestive manner, as he shrugs.

"Will you let me close the door at least?" I say sarcastically.

"Of course not."

"Dad!"

"Dad!" He mimics before laughing. "If you won't let me do a background check on him, you can't have that date."

"Sure. Makes sense. I can go have fun as long as my dad invades his personal business and I get to know about his Great-Great-Grandfather before the first date!" I say, exasperated. "Besides you would've never done that before you became president. You would've gave me the benefit of the doubt. Do you not trust me?"

"Background check or SSAs."

"Fine. Sean and Reynolds, only."

"Don't forget Andrew and Liam," He adds.

"You know it's a romantic setting, right? How do you think 4 grown men can blend in?"

"A double date. What's anyone's business?" He writes down something on the piece of paper before a call comes in. He holds up a finger at me before picking up.

"Yes?...Great. What time is the Senate hearing? Where are we with the nominees?... Okay, give me a full report within the hour... Yeah give me an update in ten minutes. Thanks, Mark." He hangs up. Mark Nolan is my dad's Chief of Staff and long time best friend and mentor, as need be with that kind of job. The most powerful occupation in America behind the President is the one he listens to, which would be the Chief of Staff.

"Where were we? Oh, we were talking about your Secret Service Agents going on a double date."

I think about that for a moment before laughing. "You know what? Let's do that. So I can torment them with it for the rest of their lives."

He laughs along. "I'll order them to propose to each other. That way it really sells it."

I snicker. "They're gonna be pissed as hell."