16. Betrayed

Jackson Wang (back off ladies, he's mine) - Bullet to the Heart

Nicki Minaj- Grand Piano

Damien's POV

I should've bought more liquor.

Instead, I nurse the rest of the Hennessy I found in the cabinet, wishing I had more. I'm not as drunk as I want to be because I can slightly feel the pain still writhing underneath my rib cage. For some reason, I can't turn off the TV. As angry as I am, I still want to know if the president... if Hope's dad is okay.

Why didn't Hope tell me? All this time? How could I've been so stupid? Even Zach knew. I know that much by the tone of his voice. He wasn't calling me to tell me the president was shot. He wouldn't risk his pride after that fight. I could've heard that from anywhere, hell I could've heard that on my way to the liquor store. He called because my girlfriend's dad was at the location of the shooting. And reports weren't in yet to confirm if she was there or not, if she was hurt or not.

I'm such a dumbass. There were so many signs but I was too blinded by this stupid ass girl to see it. I bet she was laughing at me behind my back. Her friends, her secret service, the whole school. Maybe I deserve this. I deserve it after all the people I've hurt, I deserve it for breaking girl's heart and leading Jane into thinking we could be more. I deserve it after every bad decision I've ever made in California. Maybe this is revenge for everyone I've crossed path with-

The sound of the door ringing interrupts me from my self-loathing. "What?" I snap. The bell continues to ring. I slam the bottle down on the table and walk to fling the door open.

Three men dressed in black suits are standing there. "Damien McIntire?"

"Secret Service?" I ask in a sarcastic and bitter tone. What the fuck are they doing on my porch?

"The First Lady have requested your presence," One of them say. I laugh at the irony. So now all of a sudden, I'm invited to the White House? Now all of a sudden I'm in on the secret?

"No fucking thank you," I slur. They don't move. I place a hand on the shoulder of the one in front. "You seem like a great guy..." I trail off when he glares at my hand on him. I drop it quickly. He probably shoots people who do these kind of things. Not that I would've mind at this point.

"No," I shake my head. "I'm not going anywhere. You're gonna have to lift me to move me from this spot." The men looks at one another before advancing towards me.

"Hey! What the hell? What happened to freedom of speech? I'm saying no. Tell her to have a nice day." I back up and slam the door and walk back to my liquor. I down the rest and throw it against the wall. It shatters with a loud noise. I drop onto the couch, feeling unusually exhausted.

Who the fuck does Hope think she is, summoning me like a fucking slave? What a fucking manipulative bitch. She can shove her-

The door rings again and it isn't until they start banging on it that I finally get up. These men would break my door and refuse to pay for it, I'm sure.

That's when I remember I have to go to Pandora tomorrow to pick up the birthday gift I got for her. Great. I'll pick it up and burn it. There goes my money in the fucking trash.

"What?" I snap as I open the door. The man in front shoves a small black phone, perhaps a Blackberry, in front of my face. I grab it and press it to my ear.

"Hello?" I can't help but keep my voice at a respectable level. I don't want to be on the bad side of the wife who's husband has the power to wipe out a country.