Chapter 4

(3rd POV)

"What the shuck are you doing?" Gally demanded as the door to the slammer opened and he was pulled out by Zart. Once he was out, the boys threw Sage's squirming body into the hole and slammed the door shut. Immediately they knew something was wrong when her head hit the ground with a sickening thump and she became still.

"Great well now you've done it you shanks." Gally knelt down next to the door and glared up at the other Gladers.

"Now open the door."

Alby shook his head "She ran off into the maze she has to be taught a lesson."

"She's hurt you shank when you dumb shucks threw her she hit her head, she needs the medjacks"

"She'll be fine Gally." Alby tried to comfort him

"You don't know that you thick shank you slammed her head on the ground!" Gally was getting angrier by the second. That was his sister, his baby sister and they might've just killed or seriously injured her

"Come off it Gally she's probably faking anyway."

"How long is her sentence?" Gally clenched his fists to try and keep from punching one of them.

"She'll be let out at sundown tomorrow, after the doors close, the last thing we need is her runnin off again."

Gally glared at the gladers. He was always hardheaded and had a one track mind, but he knew he wouldn't be able to get them to change their minds. He sighed "Fine but I want her out the minute the doors are closed, not a second longer."

Alby nodded "Fine."

With one final spiteful glare at the others Gally stomped his way to the kitchen to get something to eat from Frypan.

(Sage's P.O.V.)

Night had fallen by the time I finally came to. I braced myself against a wall and pulled myself into a slouched sitting position.

Once my head finally stopped spinning and I could see clearly.  The memories of being thrown in the slammer were still fresh in my mind, the bruises and cuts on my arms, legs, and face along with  the pounding and large knot on my head made rage  rush through my body.  The minute I got out of here someone was going to pay for doing this. But of course nothing could be done until I was let out.

I appeared to be in some kind of hole, the walls around me were made of dirt and there was makeshift door straight in front of me that was made of wooden bars.  I assumed I was locked in what Newt had called the slammer.

Newt.

Even thinking his name made anger flash through me.  That dumb ass had lied.  He promised he wouldn't let the others put me in here and they did anyway and he didn't evened try to stop them. As soon as I was let out of here I decide was going to make him pay.

"ah good you're finally  awake."

I looked up through the door and saw Newt standing on the other side.

I refused to say anything and just glared at him.

"I figured you'd be hungry so I had Frypan make you some food."

I still didn't say anything just picked at the dirt under my nails.

He sighed and sat down.

"are you going to let me out? "I asked in a monotonous voice.

He was silent for a minute, thinking" no"

"but you have the keys. " it wasn't a question.

He nodded

"Then let me out"

"I'm sorry I can't."

I pulled myself up to my feet angrily and took a step forward "why not?"

"I just can't okay?  I have bloody orders I have to follow. "

"Fine then.  Leave me alone and give the keys to someone who will" I didn't give him a chance to respond

I stomped to the corner and sat down facing the wall.

I heard him sigh "you'll be let out tomorrow night, after the doors are closed, I'll make sure you keep getting food brought to you. I heard him stand up, and I'd thought he walked away when I could've sworn I heard him whisper "and I'm sorry" but when I turned around he was already gone.

*** keep voting and commenting to get a dedication!!***