8 - Turner

"So you've been together for a long time?" Jamie asked looking at both me and Luke.

"Yeah, a long time now" Luke pipes up, he looks down at me and smiles.

"You guys get along as if you're related" Anna smiled as she held her hands up towards the campfire.

"He's my big brother" I say quickly before Luke could open his mouth. He gives me a grin and puts his arm around me.

"Together till the end I guess" he says shaking me slightly in his grip.

"That's cute, I love my sister too" Jamie grabs Anna and wraps his arm around her. She rolls her eyes and we laugh.

We had been talking to Jamie and Anna for over an hour, they seemed genuine and I felt as if everything they were saying was the truth. About how they're from Wellington? IH believe that as well, Wellington could really be a great place.

"So we best be heading back soon to the truck. You guys decided if you want to come yet?" Anna asks as she finishes the last bit of rabbit we had given her. I look up at Luke and I give him a smile, he takes that as a go ahead.

"We can grab our bags, as long as you're not murderers or thieves" Luke says getting up with a smile.

"You'll just have to wait and see" Anna winks and Luke.

I was unsure of what was happening, so I walked into the house and grabbed my backpack and filled it with as many candy bars as I could from the drawer where we kept them. I got Luke's backpack and filled his with drinks and more food items and knifes. I walked over to the coffee table and sat down one last time, I saw Kenny's orange and white hat sat on the tables glass. I stare at it for a second before picking it up and shoving it in my backpack.

"Ready to go?" Luke asks, I push him off to the side so Anna and Jamie can't hear me speak.

"Do you trust them?" I ask cautiously

"I guess, we don't really have anywhere else to be or go. We should take the chance. If it turns out they're telling the truth it could be a jackpot!" Luke sounds excited

"What if they turn out to be cannibals or something?"

"Pfttt people can't get that desperate" Luke laughs at my supposed stupid comment.

"The St.Johns"

"Who?"

"The St.Johns they were cannibals, they fed us our friend Mark." I look down at my feet in disgust.

"That's gross" Luke says, he gives me an odd look.

"I didn't eat any, Lee stopped me before I could"

"Stop plotting our murder and hurry up" Jamie shouts with a laugh.

We walk with Jamie and Anna for an hour or so. It was night time and the dark still managed to creep me out even though people chewing each other is scarier. We reach a car parked by a few cars, Jamie pulls out keys from his pocket and points it towards the car.

"Who locks there car in a apocalypse?" Luke laughs

"Biters can steal cars too yah no" Jamie says laughing at Luke's joke.

"If you need to pee go now, its a long drive" Anna looks at me but I say nothing in return, I wasn't sure if I trusted them yet.

We all pile into the car. Jamie is driving and Anna was riding shotgun. I sat in the back with Luke, I click on my seatbelt.

"There's not a lot of cars on the road anymore, no need for seatbelts" Jamie says as he pulls away from the trees and we start our journey towards Wellington.