26 - Lovebug

Song is chosen to represent the end of the chapter :) I love picking songs. A nice happy chapter before things come crashing down. :( be prepared.

It had been a few months since we went to the mall. The sheer amount of things we got was enough to keep the collectors inside for weeks. My 14th birthday drew closer and so did the predicted due date of the baby.

"Haven't you done that yet?" I say leaning on the doorframe of Luke and Anna's room as I watch Luke flick through a instruction manual trying to put together the baby crib.

"I'm not very good at flat packs" Luke admits holding a screwdriver in the corner of his mouth.

"Need any help?" I ask as I watch him piece to bits together and screw them into place.

"Thanks for the offer but I'll be alright" he says providing admiring the pieces he had just put together. I give him a smirk as the two pieces detach and fall on the floor.

"You sure?" I ask one last time.

"I'm sure I'll be fine" he laughs giving a angry look to the fallen pieces.

I leave Luke to do the DIY task he could of completed months ago. I could hear Anna in my head saying a 'typical man' as she usually does.

I had just finished school and I had finished helping Jerick with the horses and crops. After going to check in on Luke I decided to go out and about in the small street of Wellington.

I see the usual. Small children running around, people with guns although they never used them. A few women talking by the outsides of the buildings. People working on the new wooden hunts. Then there was Turner who I could see through the window sitting at the front desk writing something on paper. He was an interesting man, always looking for solutions to a problem no matter what it took.

"Clementine" a voice calls. I look around and see Anna, she was holding her stomach which was now the size of the watermelon.

"Hey Anna, what's up?" I ask.

"Just been to see Brittany and Dr Vincent. The baby should be coming REALLY soon" she says.

"That's good, when do you think?" I ask, I had no idea about babies.

"Next couple of days I guess." She explains holding her hand on her stomach again and rubbing.

"Do you have any names?" I question, I was curious. I hadn't been able to speak to Luke as much as I used to anymore since everything had changed.

"Well me and Luke came to an agreement. Whatever happens if its a girl I can name her and if its a boy he can name him. I want it to be that and nothing else. Its just the way I see things working." We walk towards the office block with the rooms in.

"I hope the baby doesn't come whilst Jamie is still out on the collectors mission" I explain.

"So do I, I really don't understand why he had to go. We have everything we need he was going to go all the way up to Michigan with Danny and Edith. Probably something dodgy" Anna laughs at her comment.

"I'm sure he wouldn't want to miss it on purpose"

"Well I never know with that guy. I've known him longer than anyone else in this world and I still don't know everything about him" she chuckles as we approach the front door to the building.

The sun was setting and it was getting dark outside.

"Clem! You want to come hang out?" I hear the voice of Josh from afar as jogs over.

"I'll leave you with your boyfriend then" Anna jokes as she enters the building.

"He's not my...boyfriend?"

"Yeah right" Anna smirks at me and giggles before walking up the stairs hugging the hand rail.

Josh comes and stands in front of me after running the short distance.

"Dad just let me out, want to do something?" Josh says as he catches his breath.

"I don't know, haven't really got anything in mind" I admit.

"Want to just go talk outside the wall like usual? I'm in a talking mood" he gives me a smile and points to the front gates. I just nod and follow him out hanging my head low and clenching my cold fists in the pockets of my hoodie from the cold October chills.

We sit down in our usual spot and look at Wellington as the smoke arises from the fire some of the smaller huts have going.

"How's the baby?" Josh asks.

"The baby? Oh yeah, its good. I think" I started concentrating again on the conversation.

"I haven't seen a baby in God knows how long"

"I've seen pregnant women, not babies though. They never seem to make it that far" I said sadly. Josh just puts his head down.

"Jesus Christ its freezing out here" I say. The freezing air fly's through the jumper I was wearing and touches my skin. I wanted to speak to Josh and sit outside but my teeth began to chatter.

"Here look, take this" Josh peels off the huge jacket he was wearing and puts it around me. I quickly pull it around myself.

"Thanks" I smile at him and he just gives me a smile back and then folds his arms over to cover his bare arms.

"You were right, it is cold" he laughs

"You can have this back you know" I say beginning to take it off again.

"No, you take it. Trust me, you're more important" he pushes the jacket back on my shoulder not allowing me to take it off.

"You're important!" I say

"My dad doesn't really think that, nor my brother they're pretty caught up with work. I was closer to my mum" he sounded sad again.

"Even if your dad and brother don't care about you which I'm sure they do. You're still important to me." I admit.

"Thanks Clem. You're important to me too" he gives me a grin and I give him a sweet smile back.

I liked Josh. He was the only friend I really had in Wellington. But there was something I felt for him that I had never felt before. The feeling of wanted to be with him all day. My best friend. He was my best friend. I had a warm feeling inside whenever I was with him, whenever I heard his fresh voice that I watched turn deeper and deeper as the years rolled by.

I think I was doing something that I had never done before. That thing was, fall in love.