31 - Joyride (ending)

*2 years later*

"Clemmy you go out?" Nick asked in his innocent 2 and a half year old voice.

"Yes, you're staying here with daddy when he gets back from work" I say picking at my nails. I was babysitting Nick as usual whilst Luke did his couple of hours of work for input into the community.

Wellington grew and grew over the last years now housing 200 people. Alive people.

"You go out with Josh?" Nick questions playing with wooden blocks on the floor that Jerick had made him.

"Yeah" I reply looking out of the window. I was excited to go out today and it killed me having to wait for Luke to get home.

"Can I come?" Nick asks.

"Not this time, but you can come another time" I say with a smile. I pick him up and he giggles. I place him on my lap and tickle his tummy.

"Stop" he says giggling.

As he little giggles turn into sequels Luke walks in.

"Nick, what's she doing to you?" Luke laughs.

"Tickle me" he says as he sits up with a grin spread across his feet. I anxiously got up and waited for Luke to dismiss me.

"You going out now I guess?" Luke asks

"Yes. I told you this." I tell him. I had dressed up a little. I could tell Luke felt a little more intimidated since I had a growth spurt nearly making me the same height as him.

"Go on then. Have fun" Luke sighs, he picks up Nick and opens the door for me. I say bye and walk down the corridor.

"Say happy birthday to Josh for me!" Luke shouts down the corridor.

"Don't worry I will!" I give him and Nick a wave.

I jog down the stairs. I was excited to be going out today. It was Josh's 18th birthday. I had dressed up the best I could, but since there was so many people in Wellington now the laundry needed to be extended again. I walked to the reception.

"You look lovely tonight Clem" Turner says.

"Thank you." I reply to the compliment.

"I take it you're here for my adult son" he smirks.

"Of course" I reply.

I hear a door shut and someone running down the stairs. Josh revealed himself with a smile. His hair flicked off to one side, not too long and not too short. A small amount of facial hair poked through his skin. He was a handsome man, a guy that girls would swoon over in high school.

"Speak of the devil. There's my son" Turner chuckles pointing towards Josh who is now standing there giving me an awkward smile.

"You coming?" I say to him. He nods.

"I'll see you later dad." He waves at Turner.

"Don't get up to anything I wouldn't approve of" Turner waggles his finger in the air. We both run down the reception steps Josh was holding my hand.

"Happy birthday" I give him a smile and a small kiss.

Our relationship was good. It was as if we had to put up with each other whatever happened. But I loved being with him and I think he felt the same way.

"So where's my present?" He asks like a child.

"In my room of course"

"Is it what I think it is?" He gives me a wink.