16 - The Talk

It was a Saturday. I had just finished helping Jerick finish off the stable. All we needed now was roofing material and the horses.

"I'll put it on the collectors list. That way we can get this thing finished to perfection" he stands back and admires his handy work.

"Looks good" I admit. It was pretty amazing to know that I watched him build it from practically nothing.

I walked back inside the walls of Wellington and waved at Gordon as I passed. I went to the library and flicked through the books to see if there was anything I could go and read. I ended up picking up a copy of 'The fantastic Mr Fox' by Roald Dahl. I was walking back to the room when I was stopped by Josh.

"Hey Clem" he says

"Hey, what's up?" I look up at him, he was taller than me. He had short black hair that flicked off to one side.

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to do something later?" His voice cracked as he spoke. It made me giggle, he frowned at me.

"Like what?"

"We could go outside the wall?" He says nervously.

"We're not allow out of the wall" I say clinging onto the book I had just picked up.

"Yeah, I know but its just to get some air. We could sit on the hill near the front gate. Phil would be able to see us. I've done it before."

"I guess, if we're not going to get in trouble" I didn't want to be on the bad side of anyone here. Me and Luke had built up a reputation and I didn't want to just destroy it.

"We won't, I'll even ask Phil" he explains.

"Okay, just let me put my book away in my room"

"You best not bail on me! I'll meet you outside reception in 20 minutes" he smiles and turns around and walks towards reception. I go the opposite direction to mine and Luke's room.

I walk up the stairs and see Ruby going off into her room across the hall. I expected Luke to be in since it was a Saturday, he had night shift on Saturdays.

I opened the door and saw Luke and Anna in the bed. Luke was practically on top of her. His shirt was off but the majority of his body was under the sheets.

"Oh God Luke, stop" Anna says as she sees me walk in. She pushes Luke off of her.

Mine and his eyes meet, he looks at me in horror.

"Oh shit, Clemen-" Luke panics.

I shut the door before he could finish. What just happened?

I totally ignored Luke's calls from inside and I just walked back downstairs and went to the reception as instructed by Josh. I was still holding the book.

"You're early, and you didn't even drop your book off" he laughs as he stands up after sitting on the stairs sharpening a small knife before putting it in a holster on his hip.

"Yeah, well..."

"Is something wrong?" He looks into my eyes. I didn't really know how to speak, I was still in shock as to what I just saw.

"Well we can speak about it when we're outside" he says. We walk outside of the wall and Josh nods at Phil. Phil just shrugs it off and pretends we weren't even there. He walks me up to a small hill about 20 metres away from the main gate. We sit on the cold ground next to each other, it was pretty open so there was no way of anything jumping up at us without us knowing.

"So you going to tell me what's wrong?" He asks. He was the only friend I had in Wellington other than Luke, Anna and Jamie and Jerick. Yes they were all nice people and I loved them all but Josh was the closest I would get to my age, he was 14.