17 - Sleepless

"How you doing Clementine?" Anna asks me.

We were unloading the trucks that the collectors had brought back, I had finally convinced Turner to let me help with the sorting from the collectors since Jerick had put in a good word for me.

"I'm fine thanks, how are you?" I lift up a small box off of the truck and take it to the pile on the floor for sorting.

"Good, haven't felt so good in a long time. Jamie keeps complaining, he thinks he has a cold. I think its just man flu." She laughs.

"How about Luke, are you guys okay?" I ask her.

"Its been 10 months, we're fine. I love him." She admits.

"I know, I love him too. But you know, not in that sense" I chuckle at my remark and she gives me a smile.

"I know what you mean. You guys are inseparable and you're not even blood related" she picks up another box and hands it to me. This time it was heavy, I had a feeling it was full of canned goods. The collectors had hit a supermarket, obviously there was still some food left.

"You and Jamie are quite attached as well"

"We share the same characteristics. We're practically the same person but I'm a girl and he's a guy" she chuckled

"So who's older? You know how in twins one has to be born first." I ask

"Jamie popped out about half an hour before me"

I thought twins were interesting. My mom's friend had twins, I doubt they were still around now since they were babies when I was 7ish.

After helping Anna I went to find Jerick. I saw a walker by the tree and I called for Gordon.

"There's a walker over there" I point to it. Gordon looks up and pulls a knife from his back pocket.

"I'll take care of it. Poor bastard hasn't got a clue where he's going" Gordon walks over to the walker and puts the knife into its brain, I just continue to walk over to Jerick. The stable had been finished weeks ago. I saw two horses and a cow tied up to some fence posts.

"Jerick?" I call, I couldn't see him anywhere. Suddenly a bearded man comes out from behind a small shed on the far side of the crops.

"Oh hey Clem! Have you seen our new arrivals? Collectors brought them here today" He sounded excited. It was amazing to see horses and a cow.

"Have you named them yet?" I feel my excitement build inside.

"Do you want to do the honours? The cow is a girl obviously and the horse to the right is a girl and the horse to the left is a boy. Thinking about breeding them if I can." he explains.

"Eli and Eddie for the horses?" I think of the first names that come to my head.

"That sounds good and the cow?"

"Buttercup?"

"That'll do" he laughs.

I went home to go to bed as it was late. I snuggled up in bed under the warm duvet and laid awake for an hour. I just couldn't sleep for some reason however hard I tried. Luke wasn't beside me as usual, he was on night watch.

I decided to crawl out of bed and put my infamous baggy hoodie on and adventure outside. There was no rules about going outside at night, so I wandered around aimlessly before placing myself on the front steps of the reception. I looked up and studied the stars in the sky.

"What are you doing up kid?" I recognised the voice, it was Turner.

"I couldn't sleep"

"That's a first" he chuckles. His statement was true, I hadn't really not slept since we got here. I loved my bed and I loved sleeping.