21 - Headache

I regretted drinking that wine. When I woke up that next morning there was a horrible pain in my head. I pushed my cap off the top of my head and groaned. Josh was asleep in the office chair beside me.

I sat up and looked around the nearly empty room me and Luke had. I decided to wake up Josh by prodding him on the shoulder. His head shot up to look at me.

"Huh? What? Oh....Clementine. How you feeling?" He opens his eyes and stretches his arms above his head.

"My head feels like shit" I admit.

"Your own fault" he says shrugging his shoulder.

"I guess. I'm going to take a shower then find Luke, do you have any idea where he is?"

"He went out with Anna after the wedding for a walk. He probably stayed round there" Josh says standing up and stretching some more.

"Ahhh my head" I moan. Josh just laughs at me.

"You're such a lightweight, I best be going. My dad's probably going nuts. I'll see you at school soon, yeah?"

"Yeah....school" I sigh as he leaves.

I walk down to the shower blocks and take a quick shower, all I wanted to do was curl up in bed and sleep. It was cold out and I had no intention of staying outside for longer than I had to. I decided to go and ask for some medicine at the reception but they wouldn't give me any for a headache because it was a waste of supplies. They would only give it to me if it had been going on for a long time or if it was a migraine mine was neither.

I attempt to find Luke by going to Anna and Jamie's room. I knock on the door and wait patiently, I hear movement from inside. Luke came to the door without a T-shirt on.

"Clementine the little alcoholic" Luke says as he reveals a T-shirt in his hand and pulls it over his head.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do anything wrong" I say. I truly felt guilty for what I had done. It wasn't just Joshes fault that I drank it, it was also my own fault for accepting.

"Look, just don't do it again okay? I bet you have a killer headache" he laughs as I nod in pain as response to his comment.

"It hurts real bad"

"Serves you right." He folds his arms over and Anna comes to the door.

"Its my new sister in law" Anna says happily as she pushes Luke out of the way and gives me a huge hug. I hug back, I loved Anna she was a great person.

"Did you have a good day yesterday?" I decided to ask about the wedding.

"The best day of my life so far" Anna turns and smiles at Luke who gives her a quick kiss.

"I hear kissing, I'm vomiting again" I hear Jamie shout from inside the room.

"Jamie slept up here last night? I thought he would have gone someplace else" I say confused.

"He did, he's only been in the room for the past hour" Anna explains.

"Good thing really, don't really want to hear my sister being fucked by Lukey boy" Jamie shouts out.

"Oh shut up, just because you can't get none" Luke says laughing.

"I don't really want any of my sister thanks, you can keep that to yourself" Jamie holds out his hands in disgust.

"Why is he such a massive dick?" Anna mutters.

"I heard that. I also heard you say the words 'massive dick' last night as well to Luke but in a different context" Jamie howls with laughter and Anna storms in the room and hits him playfully.

"Asshole, Clem's here" she says smiling at her victory.

"I know what you're talking about" I say

"The hell you do" Jamie laughs at me.

"Yeah...I do...gross" I say. Everyone bursts out laughing, I was being serious. Luke drags me off to the side and speaks to me.

"Look Clem, I'm not proud of what you did. I can't punish you but I can ask you not to do it again, you scared the shit out of me." Luke says holding onto one of my shoulder.

"I know, I'm sorry" I say, I wasn't proud of what I did.

"Right, run along. You got school?" He asks.

"Sadly yes and I can't shake this headache"

"Shouldn't of drunk then" he laughs.

I walk out of the building and head to school. Nothing interesting happened there today, just the usual writing and reading as usual. After school all I wanted to do was to go to bed, my head still hurt like hell and it wasn't getting any better walking around but I knew I had to go and find Jerick and help him out. When I went outside the wall to find Jerick he was brushing one of the horses.

"Hey kiddo, you okay?" Jerick asks brushing the horses hair.

"Fine apart from the headache"

"Did you party too hard last night?" He says as a joke.

"Actually....yes." I admit slightly embarrassed.

"Did not expect that from a minor, does Turner know?" Jerick says sounding concerned.

"No and he's not going to, is he?" I give Jerick my usual puppy eyes. Jerick grumbles.

"Mmm depends if you milk buttercup today or not" he gives me a grin.

"Fine, that's not too bad" I admit as I walk over to the cow.

"What, you want me to give you something else to do?" He laughs.

"No...I'm fine with the cow" I say.

"Right, okay. I'll have to think of a harder punishment next time" he chuckles to himself and continues to brush the horse.

I grab a large bucket from the side and begin to milk the cow. This was about my fourth time doing so. I would call myself a cow milking genius by now. Jerick tells me to take the milk to the reception. So I carry it in a put it on the front desk.

"Yum, milk for me" Turner laughs as I pass him the milk over the desk.

"Fresh"

"We best use this soon, only problem with milk. We have to use it, I'll go out it in the water. It keeps it cool for longer" he explains. He then walks off with the bucket. I went outside the reception and sat on the steps. I wanted to go to bed but I didn't have the energy to make it to the office block so I just slumped down on the steps.

I heard footsteps and Josh came and sat beside me.

"You feeling any better?" Josh asks.

"Not really, you come to get me drunk again?" I chuckle. He opens up his jacket to prove he didn't have anything.

"Hell no, I will not be doing that again" he says.

I sit with my head in my hands and examine the sky. It was a dirty blue colour as the sun began to set.

"About last night..." He says rubbing the back of his hair.

"What about it?"

"You said some things...about killing a man" he says awkwardly.

"I did?" I say in shock. I had no memory of it.

"You said he looked after you and you killed him. What the hell happened?" He asks.

"I don't really want to speak about it now" I wasn't in the mood for this conversation. I had a headache and I was exhausted.

"Well if you ever do need someone to talk to. I'll always be here" he touches my shoulder and smiles.

"Thanks Josh" I smile back and decide it was time for me to go back to the room. I had a feeling Luke wouldn't be there so I was excited about the fact that I could just fall into the double bed and snuggle up in the duvet by myself.

It was a relief. Luke wasn't there. I took off my hoodie and placed my cap by the bedside and pulls the hair thingies out of my hair. I lay down on the bed and my head sinks into the pillow, it smelt of...Luke. He probably used my pillow again, I hate it when he does that.