27 - Existance

WARNING: This is probably the most depressing thing I have ever written.
Please listen to the song linked after you read the chapter, study the lyrics carefully they fit very well in this chapter.

A few days later I sat in my room looking out the window, as usual. It was a quite night and I was just finishing practising my handwriting, over the past year it had vastly improved. Suddenly I began hearing a banging noise from outside of the room my head turned to investigate and I stared at the door. The banging was replaced with frantic panting. The door flung open, it was Luke.

"Jesus Luke what's the matter?" I swung around on the office chair to face him.

"ANNA!" he said using his hands to lean on his knees panting out of breath.

"What?"

"Anna, she's gone into labour" he finally spits out. I guess what labour meant and jumped off the chair following Luke as he sprinted to the medical room that we had adopted.

Luke practically sprung down the stair around three steps a time. He was excited, I could tell. But somewhere underneath he was scared, he was about to become a father. He leads me into the separate building were Anna laid on a bed clutching her stomach in pain.

"Its okay baby, I just got Clementine see" Luke says rushing to Anna's bedside and kissing her hand.

I went and took a seat that was to the corner of the room. I felt as if it would take a long time for the baby to arrive. Imagine a new person in the world. A happy baby with a happy mother and father. It would restore morality and humanity.

The chair I sat in was like a love seat. Comfortable enough to lay down on and sleep for a night. Just what I needed. I just studied Anna who looked like she was in a hell of a lot of pain. Childbirth looked painful.

A few hours passed and I struggled to keep my eyes open. I slowly drifted off to sleep whilst I heard the noises of Anna screaming. I was too tired to pay attention. Brittany and the Dr were in the room helping with the delivery but I sunk my head onto the loveseat and grew accustom to the noises.

Then an unfamiliar sound could be heard. My eye ripped apart and I immediately sat up, the morning had rolled in and the sunlight shined through the small window. I heard crying, a baby.

"Clem! Its a boy" Luke said with a huge smile plastered across his face. He held a naked baby inside a towel and held it in front of me. It didn't come out with a full head of Luke's luscious hair but I wasn't too disappointed.

"What's his name?" I ask whilst staring at the small human, only a few minutes old.

"Its a boy, that means you get to name him" chokes Anna. She was laying on the bed in obvious pain. Brittany was trying to comfort her whilst the doctor checked her over.

"Nicholas. Nicholas Michael Bennett." Luke said as he smiled at the baby who was moving its arms around in various directions.

Everything was so peaceful for a moment. Until all hell broke loose. I had a feeling the next events would change everything, forever.

"Shit! Anna can you hear me?" Brittany asked.

Anna was flat out on the bed. Her eyes were now drawn shut. Luke handed me baby Nicholas and I tried to comfort him whilst his father ran to his mothers side.