Chosen

"He's here," 

Marius Nozomi Caspian hummed as he smelled the selective scent of the chosen heir to the wolf clan's throne. Lifting the thick black hood of his cape, he released his wavy blonde hair as he stared up at the full moon. 

"Are you sure it's one of their children?" 

His husband Jamie asked, clearly hiding his distress after the pair were forced to come to the conclusion that not a single one of their six little ones would inherit the god Anu as their wolf. 

They had scoured the world, finding each of Marius' several hundred relatives for the Grayson boy who would carry the burden. 

"I am," Marius simply replied and the five members of the pack who had followed the pair as bodyguards clasped hands. 

"Are you going to kill him?" Jamie asked, knowing the second this infant died, there was a possibility of the pack throne would be rightfully returned to one of their children. 

"I shall decide when I see him for myself. Stay back," Marius commanded as he started walking through the thick underbrush to the large farmhouse. 

Located in Northern California, the wolves were a long way from their small island of Bridgeport in the Pacific. 

An island blessed with lore and the most innovative technology was also the epicenter of a family cursed by great tragedy. 

His cape made a gentle brushing sound as Marius stepped through the grass, silently making his way up the front step and opening the door with the help of his advanced gloves. The family's guard dog peeked his head up as Marius came through but stayed relaxed as he sensed Marius' wolf.

With the stealth of a true Grayson assassin, Marius quietly stepped up the stairs and through the hall. Following the scent of the chosen one as he went. 

Marius entered an unmarked room and the scent was nearly overpowering. He knew this was certainly the room and gently closed the door behind him to come face to face with the designer crib containing his famous cousin's youngest child. 

He plucked a small black bead from his pocket and rolled it to the floor beneath the crib, unleashing a small emp which turns off the baby monitor before he dared approaching.

Once the small green light flickered off, he stepped forward, finding the tiny infant stretched out on his back. His eyes wide open as he stared beyond the crib and shifted his head up to find the shadowy figure looming over him. 

The name 'Noah' floated above the crib and Marius reached in, taking the quiet baby boy out. Rocking the demigod back and forth as he walked him over to the window so he could get a better look. 

The moment the moonlight blessed the baby with the perfect lighting, Marius was in complete awe of his perfection. Little Noah released a large yawn from his perfect pink lips as he looked into the baby's soul with the brightest light blue eyes Marius had ever seen. The Noah's light brown hair perfectly dusted the crown of his head like the soft angel he is. 

It was then Marius gently gripped the boy's neck. 

Before quickly realizing he could never slaughter such a precious angel. 

Taking the babe's small arm, Marius kissed his cousin's forehead and placed him back into his crib.

"We will meet again little one,"