Forty || please don't hurt me

^Noah

~Mason~

"You'll be fine Mase, he doesn't bite," 

Tristan attempts to reassure me while getting ready to leave the dorm for his big game. I watched him from the edge of the bed as he gets his gym bag together. Tris was leaving now but since Noah was still out visiting his papa, I decided it would be best if I wait for him so we could go together, maybe. Well, if he wants to. 

"If I lift my shirt, I'm pretty sure I have evidence that says otherwise," I grunt and he rolls his eyes, gently gripping my chin and forcing me to stare into his bright forest green orbs.

"He's not that hard to read, you just have to trust him Mase. He's your mate too," Tris reminds me as if I don't already know that.

"That's easy for you to say considering he's your boyfriend," I sigh and Tris lays a single soft kiss on my pouted lips. 

"Why don't you ask him out tonight?" He suggests and I quickly pull away from him as if to reject even the thought of the idea.

"Are you insane? What if he says no? This is Noah we're talking about!" I cry out and Tris narrows his gaze. 

"Why are you scared, Alpha #1?" He asked. I guess Tris is never one to leave something alone, he always wants to get to the bottom of things and sometimes I dislike that curious part in him.

"I- I just don't think I could take it if he said no," I finally confess the truth. Unable to lie to him anymore with the strong bond between us.

"Aww look who's the sappy one now," Tris pokes fun at me and I'm quick to draw even further from him. I hate the feeling that comes with being vulnerable. 

"Shut up, don't you have some game to get to?" I point to the door and he grabs his bag while taking a swig from his water bottle. 

"Can't I get a good luck kiss first? The recruiters are coming tonight from the Olympic and professional teams," He groans from the doorway and I get up from my comfy retreated position to meet him. Wrapping my arms around his lean muscular frame and give him a final goodbye kiss. Making it a good one that has him groaning when I pull away. 

"He won't say no and you'll be just fine," He reminds me before leaving and I close the door behind him. 

I spent the next hour pacing back and forth until I was sure I left a track in the carpet.

"Noah, I have to ask- no that's too stupid. Noah just be- no too aggressive" 

You're getting way too into this, all this thinking is hurting me

Yakota yelled at me and I had half the mind to shut him up if he wasn't right. 

"Damn you Noah!" I curse his name out of pure frustration as I kicked the couch just cause I need to hit something from being angry at my own stupidity. 

"Did I do something?" My mate's voice scares the living shit out of me as I whip around to find Noah silently entering the dorm. 

"Oh! Um no, sorry, I was just uh, talking about a different Noah from my pack," I pull a fast bullshit lie out of thin air. Noah slowly drops his car keys into the small bowl on the kitchen counter while giving me an odd look.

"Okay?" Noah sighs and walks over to his dresser to start changing into his jersey for the game.

"Why are you still here? I thought you would be at the game already," Noah asks and I sit on the arm of the couch. Trying to get a grip on whether or not this was real from just being so close to him.