54 || Bow Down Alpha

~Mason~

"Your family is so sweet, I thought they were going to hate me after the whole hospital incident," 

Tristan mentions to Noah once we reach the driveway of the packhouse. It was late so most of the lights were down but it was comforting to be back in their presence even if I was just a fifteen-minute drive away. 

"Yeah, they're annoying sometimes but I would never change them. That's the first time I've seen all three of my parents being civil with each other since Papa landed himself in the hospital," Noah mentions as he leans back in the back seat while I pull into the garage. 

They continued talking but I slowly zoned out, unable to get Taehyung's conversations with Noah's mom out of my head.

 Because I know Leitus Walker. 

And I refuse to believe our sweet Tristan could possibly be his son. 

"Mase?" Hearing Tris call my name pulls me back from my daydream as I park the car and turn my head towards him.

"What's up?" I asked but I could tell from his face that I missed something important.

"You okay? You got a little tense all of a sudden." Tristan asks and I quickly nod. 

"Me? Yeah, I'm fine," I stumble over my own words and Noah looks at me suspiciously. 

"Did my family say some stupid shit to you? Cause if they did, I'll choke em with my bare hands, I swear to god. I bet you it was Rumi or Nova. Which one?" Noah threatens and I'm the first one to get out of the car. 

"No, it had nothing to do with them. Sorry, I just have a lot on my mind at the moment," I apologize as I open the door for Noah and he narrows his eyes at me. 

"I can fight them myself you know, they'd never lay a hand on me so just say who it was," He puts up his fist like he was ready to uppercut his siblings, but I shake my head. 

"No, nothing happened I swear. I'm just going to go into my office and take care of a few things," I mention but I can tell Noah doesn't believe me for a second.

"Okay, I'll see you upstairs my love," Tristan smiles as he kisses my cheek and the three of us enter the packhouse. 

"I'll join him, goodnight Mase," Noah tries to excuse himself but I grab hold of his hand. 

"Actually,  I wanted to talk to you alone," I single him out as Tristan disappears upstairs. Noah looks at me and nods before following me. 

"Why?" He asks, keeping my hand firmly held in his as we headed past the kitchen to my large executive office. I usually had an open door policy but it's so late at night that I highly doubt anyone's going to be having a life crisis at the moment. Noah lets go of my hand when I close the door behind us. 

"Hmm," Noah smirks as I go behind my desk and sit in my chair, putting my feet up as I think about how to ask him. 

"What?" I huff and he pushes back his blonde hair while choosing to lean on my desk instead of sitting down like a normal person. 

"Nothing, it just kind of feels like I've gotten into trouble and I'm in the principals very nice office to get my punishment. Have I been a bad beta, Alpha Mason?" Noah asks as he swirls his index finger on the desk and gives me a look that has every serious thought I had evading my body instantly. I could feel my face warming at only my seductive mate's words and it takes everything I have to look away from him so I can focus.

"Fuck," I growl under my breath, keeping my wolf at bay while holding onto the desk.

"Sorry I couldn't help it when you're sitting there looking like you own the world and shit," Noah huffs as he gently runs his hand over mine, loosening my grip on the desk and putting it in his instead.