44 || Innocent

~Tristan~

"And tonight, The Grayson School for the gifted would like to congratulate our star player, Tristan Keelser on being drafted into Japan's national soccer team!" 

The MC for the game announces as I catch my breath. My sweaty teammates and I all head each other's shoulders as we celebrated our final win of the season against China. Leaving us the undefeated champions, but unfortunately, only one person on this team could be drafted. 

I feel Kalel's hand painfully tighten on my shoulder and my smile felt faker than before. Finally, the blinking green lights atop the hovering camera's changes to red and I can stop. Walking back to the tunnel with my team. 

Kalel skips beside me, being my only close friend since I got accepted into this school, he's been there for me since day one. Even if we're two completely different people and he's a normal teenager while I'm a werewolf with two mates and a kid on the way. 

"Got any plans for tonight?" Kalel asked as he handed me my water bottle and I took a few sips. For some reason, I felt as though it tasted different from before but in my state of exhaustion I paid no mind to it. 

"Yeah homework and sleeping," I shrugged as I took another swig of water. In reality, I plan on going back to my small dorm to my two mates. Hoping Noah and Mason didn't tear each other apart while I was gone. 

"How do you feel about being drafted to Japan?" He asked next as we walked through the dark tunnel to the locker room. My uniform covered in grass stains that I could never get out without the help of my mates and unlimited tide pens. 

"I think it's going to be an amazing adventure and I'm excited to see where it goes. I wish you guys could have come with me though. It's not going to be the same," I sigh and Kalel smirks.

"I wish we could too, you've been an amazing team captain Keesler, actually the team and I had a surprise for you," He says and together we go into the locker room where my team stood in a circle.

But instead of happiness and pride showing on their faces, they gave me a look that chilled me to my very bones. Anger.

My head and suddenly thrusted face forward into the locker as Kalel's hand tightens around my skull. I can feel a thick line of blood dripping down my nose as I'm practically helpless against him. 

"You think we didn't know wolf-boy? Who knew a fucking mutant would cheat and use his powers to get himself above the rest of us. After all the shit we go through with you? Bet if you played now you wouldn't be nearly as good as the rest of us," he grunts into my ear and I tried to move but couldn't.

My strength weakened, my powers gone, and my energy drained, I was useless to defend myself. I couldn't even use my link to ask my mates for help. 

I'm just glad they didn't touch my mates, beat me or torture me that's fine. Just don't tell me you hurt them. 

"Don't worry, we'll make sure you never play soccer again. Isn't that right boys?" Kalel's threatening voice in my ears sends shivers down my spine and I try to fight back but two more boys hold me down to the locker. 

He's going to beat the shit out of me. I can take that. I'll heal when my powers come back anyway and kick his ass. 

"Fucking mutant, I'll show you," Kalel growls and I'm at ease until I feel a sharp tug of my uniform burgundy shorts. 

"NO! GODDESS NO! NO, PLEASE!" 

**********************************

About this chapter, yeah don't kill me.