Eight || Lucid Dreams

~Noah~

"Ready buddy?" 

Dad asked as I stepped out of the bathroom in just my boxers, I was going to start hunting in my drawers for comfortable clothing but dad points to my dresser. He had already picked out some sweats and hoodie for me to wear and I quickly put them on. Still shaking from the incident, I felt my fathers arms wrap around me once I was fully dressed. 

"Hey, it's going to be okay. The hospital called while you were in the shower and your mother's stable," He told me and I quickly turned to him. Feeling protected by his warm hug, the shaking slowly subsided.

"W-W-Why? Why d-d-did he d-d-do that?" I stuttered as I cried into dad's chest, feeling him take in a deep breath as he gave me a gentle squeeze. 

"I never thought the day would come where we would have to tell any of you guys the truth." Dad sighs, resting his chin on the top of my head while he rocked me back and forth. 

"Listen, when your papa was about your age, a very old malicious doctor abused him in every way possible. Luca just barely escaped with his life after five years of torture. Then he had to kill that man to protect your mother and I," Dad tries to explain what I know must be a longer story into just a few simple words. 

"But five years is a long time for someone to be beaten down like he was, so he developed PTSD. And for the most part, he's fine. He's only had three episodes where he's really lashed out like this. Remember our super Cooper?" Dad asked and I smiled at the warm memory of our sweet golden retriever that passed away when I was seven years old. 

"He was a service dog for your Papa, that's why he wore that vest when we went out sometimes and you got to take him in stores. You always thought that was so cool," Dad chuckled slightly as he rubbed my back. My tears now dried into his shirt and now I was just holding onto my dad for dear life. 

"I'm sorry you had to see that Noah, I know it's going to be hard but please try not to hold it against him." Dad softly reminds me as he lets go of me. 

"We better get going to see your mom before he wakes up," He says as he holds my shoulder, pulling me close to him as we left the room. 

When we descended the stairs there was a loud bang as the guest room door swung open, Papa stumbling out and holding his head. I instantly jumped at the sight of him, hiding behind Dad who stayed calm.

"Bloody hell," Papa cursed under his breath before he had to lean against the wall from the minor concussion dad must have given him. He slowly peers up to the staircase and smiles when he sees Dad. 

"I've never been more happy to see you hon, what's going on? I was just taking a nap on the couch when I had this strange dream and next thing I know I woke up in the guest room with a bump on my forehead," Papa laughs almost in disbelief and Dad gently covered me with one arm as my body started naturally shaking again. 

"Noah? When did you guys get back? Where did Matthias head off too?" He asked me and I damn near squealed as my heart started pumping at a million beaters per minute. 

"Noah? Hey what's wrong?" Papa asked as he noticed my shaking and came closer. 

"Luca," Dad said Papa's name and he looked so confused that I couldn't take it. 

"You had an episode," Dad slowly tells Papa and I had never seen his smile fade so fast. 

"No, your kidding, it was just another bad dream, I must have sleep walked to the guest room. Matthias must have really gotten a kick out of that," Papa started stuttering in disbelief but Dad shook his head.