Thirteen || Reasons Why

~Tristan~ 

"Two more days," 

I mutter to myself as I fix my tie in the mirror, half of me doesn't want to face my last day of school and yet the other half of me says let's just get it over with. 

I won't have to go tomorrow.

They say it's hard to kill a werewolf, but when you're the alpha of the pack everyone looks down on and pities because you're the only one in history to not be mated, you find a way. 

I lick my lips as I give my dark brown hair a gentle tussle and attach my new name tag reading 'Keesler'. Changing my last name back to what it was before my adoption in order to hide my association with the Caspian pack in school. The thick white rope placed over my left shoulder to tell those around me that I am one of twelve class leaders.

With a final once over, I grab the keys to my longboard mag lev and head out. The ride was short but an average one, coming up on the sign for my school reading the Peter Pierce Grayson School For the Gifted. 

I watch out for the one guy was coming in on his smaller mag-lev board hovering above the ground as I turned onto the street. That was until I saw him suddenly hit the massive sign. 

My natural instincts kick in and the board screeches to a halt when I pull over. Quickly hopping out and running over to the sign where the boy laid stretched out on the grass, his uniform stained and dirtied, but other than that he seemed okay. 

Until I got close and the sweet smell of cinnamon and earth hit me so hard I nearly fell to the ground myself from overpowering scent.

 Slightly confused, I got a little closer. Hovering over him as he held his head and opened the brightest pair of ocean blue eyes I've ever seen in my life. My wolf suddenly awakens and I have to blink a few times out of complete disbelief. 

Our Mate

My wolf confirms the truth that lies in this beautiful blue-eyed angel, running his fingers over his messy dirty blonde hair. 

"Are you okay?" I suddenly jump at the opportunity to help him and he knits his brows together out of confusion. Maybe he has a concussion? Oh got what has our precious little mate done to himself? How could he be so clumsy? 

"Yeah, I'm fine," he grumbles angrily as if my presence upsets him and I quickly come to the realization that my mate is human. 

Which explains the clumsiness. 

He attempts to sit up, only to make it halfway and fall back onto the grass in front of the massive sign he hit. 

"You don't look fine," I can't help but chuckle a bit at his stubbornness and hold out my hand to help him but he smacks it away. I'm a little hurt but I know I am nothing but a stranger to him.

But pretty soon, I won't be. 

He tries again, lifting his legs this time to give full momentum, but like a turtle flipped on its shell, he couldn't do it. Finally rolling onto his stomach and pushing himself up with his hands. Slowly casting his gaze down, he looks at his dirty and stained uniform.

"Fuck my life," he sighs and I can't help but laugh again. He's just so adorable with his pretty face scrunched up in disgust from his uniform. His big blue eyes instantly snap up and I cross my arms. 

"I thought you left!" He growls at me again and I know he probably thinks I'm some strange idiot. I can instantly tell by his accent and the way he speaks English that he's American. Also, Americans are so rare on the island and this private school is so small that I know I've never seen him before so he must be new.