Thirty-Seven || Finding The Rogue Mate

Home, I must go home

The majestic white tiger thought to himself as he pondered through the thick island woods. Alone, confused, and afraid. How did he even get here? Why was he here? Where did he come from? 

Why did he feel like he was on fire? 

Whoever he is must be a late bloomer for it to hurt this much. 

Panting as he galloped through the woods at lightning speeds, he slowed to a gentle trot when stepped onto the lawn of the abandoned yellow mansion perched on the highest cliff on the island. 

"Anu, you have returned just as the prophecy described," Spoke the words from a man standing upon the front porch of this mansion that felt like home. 

"Where am I? Who are you?" Anu asked as he carefully approached. The man lifted off the hood of his cape and Anu felt like he recognized him from somewhere but couldn't name it. 

"You came home Anu, your Grayson ancestors are waiting for you," The blonde man says and Anu stands defensive, unsure about trusting anyone at this point considering he was in the middle of starting his first heat. 

For all he knew, there could be wolves awaiting his arrival inside ready to jump at the opportunity to breed a tiger. 

Anu could feel he was a bonded tiger, already spoken for with not one, but two mates and had been marked by one named Loyro. The ancient mark belonging to him rested on Anu's left shoulder as he peeked over and saw it glow neon blue against his fur. 

But why did his second mate never mark him?
 Was he rejected? 

"I'm Marius Caspian, but I'm afraid I have another event to attend to. Help yourself," Marius says and Anu could smell the werewolf God in him without ever seeing him shifted. 

Being a God myself, would I have to kill him to take this place for myself? 

Are we enemies? Friends? Strangers?

"The Gods are coming back, somethings coming to the island isn't it?" Anu asked and Marius looked glum as he opens the door for me to slink my way inside.

"I'm left to believe so," he says and lets the door close behind him as Anu slinked inside the Grayson Mansion. 

He could feel the spirits of his ancestors watching me with every step he took down the long marble hallway with the walls engraved with their names. 

Suddenly his heat grew stronger and he had to stop, gritting his canines as he thought of his mates.

 Are they also tiger shifters? They must be if I'm the one in heat.

Where are my mates? Don't they want to fill me with their cubs or has my human version been such an asshole that they actually rejected him? 

What is his human's name? Who does he think he is? The king or something?

Anu could hear his claws scratching the hardwood floor as I walked from the main ballroom to the piano room. Finding a small ray of sunshine on the dusty carpet for him to attempt to rest until this heat was over considering his mates would never find him. 

Tiny scratches on the floor, however, said otherwise and Anu quickly sniffed out the vanilla and sandalwood presence that told him he wasn't alone and his mates had arrived after all.

Noah!

Loyro called out through their shared link and Anu scrunched up his face in confusion. Who is this Noah when he is Anu? 

It didn't take long for two large Alpha wolves to find Anu curled up on the floor before them. Anu eyes the midnight black wolf, knowing it was his mark he carried. 

But the wolf didn't have Anu's mating mark on him. 

Something felt peculiar about the entire situation but Anu ignored it, catching himself drooling over the two handsome alpha wolves. Because two alpha's definitely made up for one tiger. 

"Who are you?"  The brown alpha named Yakota from his markings muttered and semi growled like the tiger ate his mate for lunch.

I am Anu

The large white tiger spoke to both of them and although they were confused, Loyro nuzzled him gently and their mated connection did the talking for him. 

My little mate, I was so worried about your safety 

Instead of the human side, it was the wolf Loyro himself speaking to Anu he nuzzled his neck causing Anu to chuff at the touch. His other mate sits back for a moment as if he's uninvited to the party and Anu goes to stand but was so weakened by his heat that he could barely move. 

Yakota quickly trotted forward, nuzzling his neck as he checked to see if Anu was okay without being able to say a word to him in this state of unbonded matedness. 

Shift back into Noah form my love, it will be easier 

Loyro commands and Anu nods before taking his full advice and shifting back in front of their very eyes. The boy was much weaker in this state but it was his heat that took down Anu, forcing him to be carried on Loyro's back to their apartment. 

**********************

Does anyone want a short story on what the hell happened to Mari? 

Also why do you like this book so far? 

*Anu ( Noah) 

*Loyro (Tris)

*Yakota (mase)