Six || 9-1-1

~Noah~ 

"MOM!" 

I screamed out of pure horror as my papa pinned my smaller mother to the floor, my mother made thick choking noises as he lacked the air to breathe. The small paper bag once filled with fruit had fallen to the ground and I rushed forward without thinking twice. 

Attempting to tackle my papa was a complete failure as he only let go of my mom for a second to push me so hard that I rolled across the floor and slammed into the wall. Mom took the opportunity to breathe and tried to escape but couldn't in time. 

"PAPA STOP!" I screamed as I laid on the floor, completely incapacitated by shock and feeling useless.

"Papa!" I choked on my own tears as a small orange rolled past me, covering my view as my mother lost the color on his face. 

Instead, all I can see is my mother's hands slowly rising to cup my papa's cheeks. There was no expression on my papa's face as he killed my mother. 

It was completely blank. 

"No papa," I cried before the front door opened and I heard my father's loud footsteps as he entered the living room. 

"LUCA!" My dad screamed before rushing forward and yanking Papa off Mom like he was a small child. Quickly tackling him to the floor just by his sheer strength alone. Papa tried to fight but it was useless when my father gave him one swift blow to his forehead which sent him into a coma. 

My mother made small choking sounds and I gasped, sitting up only to catch him holding his throat as dad turned back to him.

"Matty? Matty oh my god!" he cried out as my mother went limp in his arms. 

"Noah! Call 911!" My dad commanded me but I couldn't move. So shaken with fear that I couldn't force my body to move if I tried.

"NOAH!" He called out to me again and this time I fought every instinct inside me and grabbed my phone. Fingers shaking as I dialed the three digits and it started ringing. 

"Matty? Baby hold on please, it'll be okay, shhh, just relax," Dad started whispering to my mother as his breathing shallowed out. Kissing the top of mom's head over and over again just to keep him going. 

"911, what's your emergency?" 

 Stuttering I told the operator my address and that I needed an ambulance because my mother was barely breathing. I stayed on the line with the woman, watching as dad slowly laid him back down on the floor and ushered me over. 

"Watch after him, I'm going to go take care of your papa," Dad explained and I shook my head, not knowing is papa would attack dad too.

He was so calm that it was almost as if he had done this before. 

"Hey, he's not going to hurt me. Just watch after your mother," He coaxed me and I looked down to see my mom's bright hazel gray eyes staring up at me. Mom looked like he wanted to say something but couldn't because of his throat. I looked down at the marks on his neck which were already turning bright red.

A single droplet of water fell onto his cheek and I quickly wiped it away, wiping away the tears I didn't know I was shedding until now. Mom suddenly closed his eyes and I started freaking out. 

"Mom, mom, mom come back!" I cried out to him and he opened his hazel gray eyes again. But this time they were turning a shade of pink and the tears were collecting in the corners of his eyes. 

"I love you mom, I love you so much," I sighed, the flashing red lights came through the windows and I gasped. 

"Dad! They're here!" I called out and looked over, finding my dad coming out of the guest room and my papa was nowhere in sight. He walked over to the front door and quickly led the paramedics inside. 

"What happened?" One of the technicians asked and dad took over the conversation for me. 

"I don't know, my son and I were just bringing in the groceries when we found him on the floor holding his throat," Dad lied to them and I almost told them the truth, but the stern look he gave me told me otherwise. I quietly kept my head down instead as they quickly loaded my mother onto a stretcher.

"We'll bring him to UCLA and you can meet us there sir," One of the paramedics told us as my mother was carried away and into better hands. 

When they were gone, the house was completely silent. 

I suddenly felt myself being lifted into the air as my dad picked me up and brought me upstairs. 

"Let's get you showered and changed buddy, then we can go see about your mom okay?" He asked and I nodded. Realizing I'm very wet and smell wretched after accidentally wetting myself at some point during the fight. 

"It'll be okay, I'll tell you everything my sweet baby boy. I'm sorry you had to go through that," He sighs as he kissed the top of my head and let me down slowly once we got to my bathroom. 

"I'm going to go pack a few things for your mom but I'll be right down the hall okay?" He warned me but I instantly whimpered like a small child, still too shocked to speak as I could only point downstairs where the demon was sleeping. 

"Oh Noah, your papa ...he isn't going to remember what happened when he wakes up," 

****

Can you tell I fucking love writing this book? 

I dunno, I think I'm going to keep her up