42 || Fever Dream

~Tristan~

"I got here as fast as I could," 

I pant as I rushed into the small room where Noah was laying on a small twin sized bed curled into a ball with Mason holding him from behind. 

"Ah, please have a seat Alpha Tristan," Mason's pack doctor motions to the bed as she closes the door behind me. An older woman with long blonde dreads tighed up behind her as she pulled down her surgical mask to speak with us. 

I stared down at my sweet Noah as his eyes squeezed shut and so was Mason's, the two of them were one. I was confused until I touched Noah's flushed cheek and instantly felt the searing pain he was feeling. 

"What's happening to them?" I asked her, trying to stay as calm as possible under the circumstances.  

"Noah's just experiencing growing pains. Something you and Mason did as toddlers when you first shifted, he has to do now. They're excruciatingly painful, especially with him being a large tiger shifter," she explains as she checks the IV in Noah's arm. His fists clenched so tight I could see every vein in his arms. 

"I gave him some pain medication that should take effect soon just to dull the pain. It's important for him to get a lot of rest during this trimester which is why I'm a little concerned," She continues and I take the small icy cold towel rested on Noah's head to dab at some of the sweat dripping down his face.

"Don't worry, the medication should be safe for both of them. Mason is only holding him to take some of his pain away," The pack doctor checks off something on her clipboard before checking Noah's pulse. 

"Unfortunately with these things, there is an increased risk of miscarriage. But I'm not as worried with Mason taking on the pain alongside him," She mentions and I push back Mase's sweaty mop of brown curls. 

So he's going through a bit of a growth spurt that hurts but it won't kill him. He's getting medication, but he's at risk of a...wait.

"You said miscarriage?" I freeze in place and peer up at her. The woman holds a soft smile as she goes to check on Mason but my wolf unleashes a deep growl without my consent before she can even touch a single perfect hair on his head. 

"Alpha Tristan calm yourself. I'm not going to harm your mates," She chastises me as she goes to check Mason's pulse from his wrist. His hands wrapped around Noah's stomach in such a protective manner that I stepped back for a moment. 

"Wait, why did you say miscarriage?" I asked her and she stops what she's doing to face me head-on.

"Because Noah's about three weeks pregnant. I know werewolf pregnancies are accelerated compared to humans but I'm unsure about shifter ones. I would say his three weeks is equal to about two months," She says it clearly this time and I stand impossibly still. Looking down at both of my boyfriends and wondering if they knew. 

"I told both of them when they were awake, look it seems like the medication is working and they should be released from the pain soon. I'll leave you be for now but get me if anything strange happens," She tells me before leaving. 

Noah's pregnant? Well, that explains a lot. 

"Mmm," Noah groans as he sniffs the air, tilting his head as he does so.

"Tris?" his cracked voice calls my name and I'm drawn to tears. My baby was suffering and it was all my fault. 

We were the ones who triggered his shift and it's also our fault that he's pregnant so soon. We should have known but instead, the three of us were idiots about it.

I mean what if Noah doesn't even want our babies? We're only eighteen years old so I wouldn't blame him if-

"Stop thinking so hard. You're hurting me," Noah grumbles and opens his eyes about halfway just to squint at me. 

"You gonna stand there or are you going to come join us. I could use a second heater," Noah coaxes and I blink a few times before getting into the bed with him. Mason looked more relaxed now but he was knocked out.

"Noah, I-"

"How was your game babe? Did you win?" he asks as he snuggles close to my chest and I gently kissed his forehead. 

"Yeah, we won and the scouts were all over me. Something about overseas contracts but now I'm rethinking everything," I confess and he takes my hand in his. 

"Don't rethink it baby, I'm sure we can work something out," He sighs into my chest and I was just happy to be surrounded by the scent of cinnamon apples and vanilla. 

"But I don't want to leave, not with you-"

"Wherever you go, Mason and I will support you," He mentions and holds my hand close to his stomach where I now felt the small bump just barely growing where his stomach was once flat before. I noticed it before but I just thought he was gaining weight and didn't think too much into it. 

"And the little one can cheer on their mommy from the sidelines," He adds and I choked on my own stupid emotions as I held him close. 

"Wait, why am I mom?" I asked, giggling slightly as I nuzzled myself around him and curled up in his arms. 

"Because I'm the daddy now," Noah says in this deep voice that has me laughing so hard I have to bury my head in a pillow to keep myself from waking Mason. He must be having some kind of fever dream. 

"Also you're so protective you remind me of my mom. Also you're the one with maternal instincts, making sure Mase and I wear our jackets before going out so we don't catch a cold and shit," he sniffles and I tried to mask my silent tears but was doing a terrible job at it. 

"You're also emotional as fuck baby like it's okay, calm down. Jeeze, when Mase found out, he just went into rock hard dad mode and hugged me. You're being so sappy," He laughed as I struggled to stop my tears, his lips peppering my neck in tiny tired kisses as he tried to distract me. 

"Noah," I sighed his name and he went still with just his chest moving with each breath. 

"Noah?" I looked down to find him fast asleep sandwiched between Mason and I as we were finally starting to form into the bonded trio we were meant to be. 

*************

Warning, you won't hear from me for a hot minute cause I'm moving into my 1st house tomorrow and I don't know how soon I'll be able to get wifi hooked up. wish me luck!

P.S Grayson is coming home on Friday!