Sixteen || Fuck, I'm Lonely

~Mason~

"Another one!" 

I attempt to order another drink from the bar when the Omega serving gives me a look. 

"That's enough Mason," I hear my beta growl from behind me and burst out laughing. 

"Nah, I can still feel him. It won't be enough til the feeling stops," I mutter I try to make the bartender pity me but she looks away instead. 

"Mason, it's time to go home," Remy says again, urging me to get up but I push him away.

"I don't need your fucking help, I don't need anyone's help!" I yell at him as the chair behind me crashes to the ground with my sudden outburst. Standing up, I pull myself together as I push and shove to get out of the crowded bar and into the open street. 

"What the fuck has gotten into you Mason!" Remy yells again but I'm sick and tired of his nagging. I just want to go home. But do I even want to go home when the house is a nest designed for my mate and I but my mate clearly isn't here. 

"This isn't like you. Usually, you're the strong Alpha of the pack but now you're weaker than an omega," Remy kills my pride as I lean against a cool brick building for support. 

"You don't know what I go through-"

"You put yourself in that situation you fucking ungrateful bastard. I don't even feel sorry for you knowing what you do every day to keep him away," Remy adds fuel to the fire and I would hit him if the world wasn't spinning. 

"But not anymore. I'm done, this ends tonight," Remy says and something about his tone has me confused.

"What the fuck are you...you wouldn't," I grown, trying to remember the pills I took this morning. I take my pills every morning but I knew there was something different about-

"I've got this," 

His voice coming from behind me sends chills of fear down my spine as I slowly turn around, finding his piercing blue eyes unmistakable for anyone else's, even in my drunken state. 

"Yes Alpha," Remy replies to the blue-eyed demon. Who knew my own beta was a fucking traitor. 

Oooh, wait until our mate gets his hands on you

Shut the fuck up

I talk to my smartass wolf and say it out loud too, turning back to Remy only to find he was long gone.

"Mase, come on. It's getting cold outside," Tristan tries to put his arm around me but I snap, pushing him so hard he falls into the wall and I walk down the sidewalk on my own.

"Stay the fuck away from me," I mutter as I walk down the dirty sidewalk to what I hope is my apartment.

Goddamnit, I can still feel him. His presence beside me, his scent, his emotions. 

"I don't want to be with you, I would have rejected you as soon as I knew if it hadn't been for me being a fucking alpha," I curse him out and trip on my own two feet. Nearly falling flat on my face had it not been for Tristan catching me with ninja like reflexes. 

"Mason, please. I know you think I killed your parents but I told you then and I'll tell you again. I had nothing to do with it. Now let me be your mate and take care of-"

"No! How can I trust you! The rules of the Figueroa's is law and the first law is to never trust you dirty little Caspians," I wanted to hit him but instead I ended up being swooped up into the air by my disgusting mate. 

"Let me down you-"

"SHUT UP!" Tristan uses his deep alpha growl that defeats my weakened one and I keep my mouth shut. Begrudgingly being carried in his arms as he carries me to my apartment. Buried in his sweet scent of sandalwood that reminds me of endless nights by the beach, I feel myself slowly fading away.

This has to be a dream right?

There's no way Tristan Caspian found me after all of the work I did to keep him so far away. 

"I know you had sex with someone else, I could feel it," I whisper to myself. What I didn't expect was to get a reply.

"Ah, I understand why you got yourself fucked up now. I would have done the same if you did that to me," Tristan replies and my eyes snap open again to find I was now in bed with Tris hovering over me, tucking me in.

"You've moved on from me," I groan as I turn over in the bed, face first with my head burried in the pillow. 

"No Mase, I have another mate and so do you," he mentions and I'm so drunk I can't even understand that thought. 

"You're giving me a migraine," I huff as I squeeze my eyes shut. Waiting for it to be a dream so he can go away again. 

"Would you like me to stay or leave?" Tristan asked and I blinked a few times, feeling slightly sobered as I quickly realize he might actually be here. 

But I don't believe my own mind sometimes so with a smirk I turn over to face him. 

"No, don't go," I sigh and he kicks off his shoes, joining me right beside me in the bed as he lays on top of the comforter. If this was a drunken dream, I was going to take full advantage of it. 

"Mason," He whispers my name in the dark after he turns the lights off and I toss my arm over him. 

Feeling just the pillow instead. 

It was just a dream. 

When I open my eyes again, the sun is coming through and I had half expected to find Tristan right beside me. 

But instead, there was just my pillow in the crook of my arm to take his dreamy place. Slowly sitting up, I felt the depression sink into the very pit of my soul. Feeling the darkness in my chest suck out any emotions or happiness like a black hole. 

"Fuck," I groan as I hold my pounding head and sigh. 

"Hey," My head snaps up to find Tristan standing in the doorway of my bedroom. His smile neverending as he scratched the back of his head. 

"I have to go Mase but I left some pain killers on your nightstand and here's some orange juice. You had nothing in your fridge so I ran down to the corner store to buy it that's why I left. Anyway take care of yourself and I'll be back later to check up on you," He walks into the room and gently kisses the top of my head before walking away.

"Oh! And do me a favor and flush those scent depressants Mason. They won't work anymore," He shares one last hint of advice before leaving and gently closing the door behind him. 

I fall back onto my bed and let out a long sigh. 

Nope, it was just a dream.

I tried to convince myself of the dream theory up until I turned and saw the glass of orange juice and pain killers next to me. 

"Tristan!"