Five || Your Fault

~3rd person~

"Shift,"

Tristan commanded and Mason respected his wishes, revealing himself in human form without hesitation. Tristan took a defensive step back from the other alpha and Mason was slightly hurt by the move. 

But since Tristan was still just a few days shy from turning sixteen, only Mason knew the truth. 

"Alpha Mason, why were spying on my territory? Are you planning a move against us?" Tristan questioned and still gathering his witts, Mason could only shake his head. 

"No, I come in peace," Mason finds the words as he stares into Tristan's beautiful ocean blue eyes. Tristan loosens up slightly and takes his word for it, choosing to cross his arms over his chest instead in a way that has him flexing his very muscular arms. 

The fact that both of them were completely naked did not help as Mason tried to control every desire he had to tackle Tristan to the ground and claim him as his. 

"Then why are you here?" Tristan asks, and the way he gulps has Mason's guaze tempting to look down, raising his brow when he sees that he's also turned on by Mason's very presence. 

"I'm here..." Mason paused, almost spilling his guts to his worse enemy who was now blushing heavily under his gaze. The pheromones in the air surrounding them were nearly suffocating and he felt like the only way he could truly breathe is if he pressed his lips to Tristan's. 

"You know why I'm here," Mason hints, slowly getting closer to Tristan as he takes a few steps forward. 

"No, no I don't. Now if...I," The boy could barely speak with Mason looming closer, both of their heart beating a million miles a minute but staying together at the same rate. 

"Tristan," Mason mutters his mate's name under his breath and Tristan backs into a tree trunk, wincing from the pain of the bark scratching his back. 

But when he looks back at Mason's heated gaze, it was like he was looking at a different man. Concern flooded his enemy's face as Mason pulled Tristan from the trunk to examine his back.

"Are you okay?" Mason asked, not realizing he was still holding Tristan's muscular biceps in his large hands. Tristan looked like he was at a loss for words. Unable to connect the feeling he was getting to the man standing before him since it was three days until his sixteenth birthday. 

"Yeah," Tristan gasped, his wolf stirred but stayed silent, wanting to tell Tristan the truth but knowing his lips were sealed until his birthday. 

"Sorry," Mason quickly let go of him and Tristan instantly wished he hadn't backed away. 

"Mason, why are you here?" He finally got out and the pair made direct eye contact. 

"Tristan Caspian, I'm afraid you're my-" Mason was cut off by the screaming in his pack link and the man instantly shifted back into his werewolf form. 

"MASON!" Tristan called after the brown wolf as Mason ran back to his pack's territory. He couldn't identify the scream but he knew it was one of the members and it was embedded in his mind, playing on repeat as he ran with such high speeds that he reached it in mear minuets. 

Running into the packhouse, the thick smell of blood permeated the air causing Mason to take a step back as he gagged. Coughing, he went back into his human form and put on the jeans he left on the porch.

He slowly slid open the back door to the eery sound of silence. Shock flooded his very being as he took in the gory scene before him. 

There, right in front of him, she laid in her silk blue evening gown. Her beautiful brown curls now soaked with her own blood as his mother's lifeless brown eyes stared back at him. Five deep claw-like scratches across her throat were still running with blood. 

His father laid beside her, beaten so badly he was barely recognizable. Their combined blood painted the hardwood floor and Mason's knees as he could no longer stand. 

The warrior men and women of Mason's pack laid slaughtered across the dining room table. 

"Alpha Mason," 

Mason looked up, finding one of the surviving little ones clutching her dress as she cried, pointing to the wall opposite to them. 

'The Caspian's Will RIse!' 

Was painted in his parent's blood across the wall.

Of course, it was the Caspians'. 

"MASON!" 

The familiar voice of Mason's panting mate came from behind him. He must had been so focused he didn't realize the other packs alpha was following close behind him. 

"Ma- oh dear goddess," 

He gasped as if he had no idea but Mason knew it was a bullshit front he must have been trained to give off. 

"This is your fault," Mason growled as he pointed to wall with Tristan's last name spread across it like it was laughing in Mason's face. The little girl ran away as soon as smelled the Caspian with fear. 

"Mason, I had nothing to do with this," Tristan instantly replies in his defense and Mason slowly rises to his feet. Wiping the uncontrollable tears that were streaming down his cheeks as he turned to Tristan. 

And although Tristan might be telling the truth. 

That as much as Mason hoped for his innocence, he knew Tristan must have played some vital role in this mission to murder his parents and half his pack. 

So he no longer saw his mate standing before him. 

He saw a monster.