Fourteen || Exes and Oh?

~Noah~ 

"So when did you get here?" 

Tristan Keesler asked as we walked across a small pond using the footbridge to the teahouse styled classroom. People stared and talked amongst themselves as we walked past glancing at the two of us quickly when they did so. Either they were talking about Tristan, My fucked up uniform, or both.

"Two days ago," I answered but he didn't seem to care about the people around us, his complete attention was focused on me and every time I tried to check him out, all I saw was those beautiful blue-green eyes catching me in the act. 

"So you're fairly new to all of this huh? It must be an exciting adventure. Ah, we're here. See the man standing outside our schoolhouse? That's Romano Sensei, our grade 12 instructor," Tristan tells me as we approach but the man standing before us in well dressed casual pink attire looked very familiar. 

That's only because my teacher's last name was also Jackson.
Until he divorced my brother. 

"Good Morning Sensei, I brought the new guy over! He's a little dirty but you can have the main sign up front to thank for that," Tristan instantly makes fun of me and I stab him with my elbow. 

"Well, well, well, Mr. Jackson. Is that how you plan on making a first impression with your colleagues?" He asks almost just as confused as I am, he tries to play it off as if he doesn't know me. Oh but I'm not going to let him off this easily. 

"I dunno Nico, I didn't exactly leave the house this way," I mention and he nods as if he knows me so well. Sure I'm his EX brother in law but the two of us were never close since he usually spent all his time with Rumi and Nakoa when we were younger.

"It's Romano Sensei when we're in the classroom but it's a pleasure to have you here. I'm sure you're going to love this island." He says and I instantly wish I could request another teacher except this school is so damn small and exclusive that each grade only has one class. 

Besides, Tristan's in this class and he's the first person I've met here that I can tolerate. 

"It's been a while since I've last seen you," I awkwardly add, knowing how badly he broke my brother's heart. 

"I can tell, last time I saw you, you barely graduated middle school and now look at you. You're so tall," He continues. Tristan senses the tension and looks at me, as if his eyes were asking if I was okay and I nod.

"Happy Monday sensei!" Tristan calls out as he taps his wrist to the small circle beside the doorway to sign himself in and walks into the classroom. 

"You ready for this Mr. Jackson?" Nico asks and he shrugs.

"Well it's not like I can avoid it," I mutter under my breath and tap my wrist like Tristan did, stepping in before sensei does. 

"Hey, I already set up a seat for you over here," Tristan taps on the desk beside him and I  get down to my knees on the cushioned floor. Bumping into him on accident as I do so but he suddenly grips me, as if I'm some fine piece of chine that needs to be gently put down. Once I'm settled he lets goe of me but I instantly wished he didn't. 

It had been a while since I last had the affection of a man since most guys think I'm a complete asshole and run away. Something about Tristan seems so different though, I just can't put my name on it. 

Once sensei enters, Tristan quickly calls the room to attention which means everyone stands up straight with their hands at their sides. 

"Carry on," Nico sensei quickly releases us and everyone sits down again. Now with Tristan occupied, I can finally check him out. 

Dark hair was either a really dark brown or pitch black and so were his matching brows which stared forward in a focused expression. His eyes now a deeper green almost as if they changed colors from the blue before and I think that's kind of cool. I wonder if they change based on his mood. 

He rakes his fingers through his hair and leans back, his body language was relaxed but confident as his straight plush lips slowly turn upwards into a smirk. 

"Like what you see?" He whispers to me as Nico sensei talks and I'm caught both red-handed and embarrassed. 

"Yeah, Yeah I do," I'm not afraid to admit it, which is strange considering usually I'm never this bold. 

"I do too," he whispers back and now I'm blushing even harder. 

"Mr. Jackson, would you like to introduce yourself to the class?" Nico asked me and I shifted in the cushion as I slowly stood up at the edge of the 'U' shaped configuration they had going on here.

With only six pairs of eyes staring at me, it was more intimidating than I thought it would be. I awkwardly cleared my throat and stared at Nico sensei. I always did wonder what happened to him.

"Hey, I'm Jackson, Noah Jackson. I just moved here from Los Angeles, California in America. The states is what it's called to everyone else I guess. Yeah...that's about...it,"

The words escaped me when my gaze met hers.

With all the changes to her body, I would have second-guessed myself if it hadn't been for the golden plack in front of her desk reading, 'Kim, Allison, Academic monitor,' with a small flag of the United States beside her name.

My ex-girlfriend had transferred into this school just a little over a month ago and now she was in my class again.

Not like we ended badly or anything. We had broken off our relationship because I wanted to give her the chance to start over, not just in a new school but with her new life as a proud transgender woman.

But I could tell by the way some guy by the name of Stuart, Hunter was rubbing her thigh that she definitely started over, not only in her new life but with a new man too.

"Jackson, I said you could sit," Nico-Sensei's voice brought me back to reality and Tristan tugs at my hand to pull me back down to the safety of my chair.

"Keesler, according to the book, what three groups of people have always existed?" He asks and Tristan sits back in his seat with his arms crossed.

"High, middle, and low," He answered after just a second's thought and Sensei hummed, scratching his chin as he placed his satchel at his desk along with his coffee and tapped his fingers against the plain white wall behind him.

"Keesler, why don't you show Jackson around campus after this lesson, once we go on break. I planned on giving you guys an early release today anyway with Kim's doctor's appointment," Sensei directs us and Tristan nods.

"Yes sir, will do," Tristan smirks while staring directly at me like a shark carefully stalking it's prey and I feel my cheeks burning up again. 

Who does this confident jackass think he is?

Doesn't he know I'm Noah mother fucking Jackson? 

I'm going to fuck him up, I swear. 

I quickly slip a piece of gum into my mouth in an effort to calm down as Sensei taps on the touchscreen wall and with his finger, he draws the three categories. 

Pulling out my tablet, I try to ignore Tristan the best I can so I can do my work in peace but it was nearly impossible with the strange natural tension between us.