Chapter 1

Quinn's POV

My name is Quinn Callahan and I am a 20-year-old with light brown hair that falls a little bit past my shoulders and light blue eyes from the town of Henderson in the state of Nevada. For the last 2 years, I lived in a one bedroom apartment in Madison, Wisconsin where I am busting my butt as a junior at University of Wisconsin–Madison for nursing. One thing that everyone notices about me is the dog tags that stay around my neck all the time, in fact the only time I take them off is when I take my daily shower, and these dog tags are the reason I have chosen to move back to my real home because I needed the love and support of my family and friends because the dog tags belong to my boyfriend Brenton Greywood who I haven't seen in a year due to the fact that he is a marine, and is currently overseas somewhere saving lives.

I met Brenton while I was sitting in on a doctor's consultations which turned out to be Brenton getting a series of vaccinations for the marines, and let's just say that I seen a lot of Brenton that day. A few weeks after the encounter at the doctor's office Brenton tracked me down to the university and we started hanging out as friends which turned into us dating after a year of friendship and that brings us to where we are currently. Every day it gets harder and harder especially when you feel all alone in an empty one bedroom apartment that you shared the person you love and who is also one of your best friends.

I stuck it out until I got done with my current year at the university, after that I packed my bags and decide to come home to my family and my friends. I still get letters from Brenton almost every two weeks, and every letter makes me smile because it lets me know that he is still alive and doing well. Now onto the subject of my family, I have only one parent which is my dad because my mom died when I in the 8th grade. My dad is 39 years old and his name is George, I have only one brother thanks the heavens who is 21 years old and goes by the name Jared, and lastly you have my dad's mom or my grandma Etta who is 72 years old, but she doesn't look like it. They are the only family that I have contact with most of Dad's family is spread out through the states and my mom's family cut us off after her death because they blame my dad for what happened.

My family and I live in a 11,375-square foot home that is located inside a gated community. Our house has 6 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms, hundreds of other features that trying to describe it wouldn't do it justice, but the thing that I love most is that it has a breathtaking view of the Las Vegas Valley and the Las Vegas Strip. When I first came home I just wanted to relax which my dad allowed but after a while I felt like I needed to contribute around the house and even when my dad said that it was necessary I found a job that I really like here in Henderson as a waitress at a local diner called 'Easy Grub Diner'. I love it because I work with two of best friends which makes the time go by faster, but the downfall is that even making 11.73 an hour I make most of my money on tips,and I still don't mind because I love the diner and I have ever since dad would take Jared and I every Saturday he had off for lunch.

As for my friends, my original best friend was a girl named Sarah Good and we did everything together from the day we met in preschool all the way up until sophomore year of high school where she run off to some place called Liberty Falls. I have four best friends that mean the word to me and when I moved away I still keep in touch with them, then when I came home for vacations and holidays I made sure that we all meet up and hang out. First you have Emery Lopez who is 22 years old and works with me at the diner, then you have Chris Reigns who is 21 years old and my best friend in the whole world because we have had each other's back since the day we met each other in elementary,

Another one of friends is 19 year old Anthony Fuller and the reason I am close to Anthony is because he and I partially grew up together because his parents and my parents went to high school with each other, The oldest of our group is Tiffany Montez, who is 30 years old and also works at the diner with Emery and I, Tiffany has taken on the role of big sister of the group and she is always there trying to keep us the right path, lately who have Calla Bentley who is 26 years old and you have her younger brother Carsten Bentley. The Bentley kids are the richest and most privileged kids you will ever meet, but even if I hangout with them I don't really feel that bond of friendship, but since their dad is he mayor who kind of have to play nice with them.

That is my life in a nut shell, and I wouldn't change my life for anything, but we all have choices in life that will put us on certain paths, and these moments make up who we are and where our future is headed. Before this arrogant, impulsive, and mysterious rebel with a Scottish accent entered my life, I thought my life was a perfectly ordinary one like everyone else, and now that he is my life, I don't want him to leave.