Chapter 16

Quinn's POV

Anthony drives me back home and pulls up into my driveway, "Do you wanna talk about why you wanted to come home early?" Anthony asks shutting his jeep off. I suddenly feel sick to my stomach as I think about what I let happened tonight between Nick and me, "I just got lightheaded and started not feeling well." I sort of lie to Anthony and I feel awful but I don't want him or anyone else finding out what happened and think that I am cheating or being unfaithful to Brenton. "Are you sure?Chris said that when you bumped into him that you looked shaken up by something and pale as a ghost." I take a shaky breath as I feel my hands start to tremble a little bit,

"I am just missing Brenton, I was having fun until I looked around to see that I was alone because Chris was getting ready to perform tonight, Emery was at the bar, Tiffany was hanging out with Clay, and you were flirting girls." Anthony just sighs as he nods his head, "I guess we thought that you would be okay on your own, it never seemed to bother you this much before." I look down at my hands letting out a little laugh, "I guess I just got a little overemotional tonight." I give Anthony a weak smile as I lean over to him giving him a small kiss on his cheek,

"I am going to go inside and enjoy the rest of my night with a horror movie, but as for you I think you should go back to the club because I noticed that the girl in the blue dress that you were flirting with seemed really into you." Anthony smiles back at me as I step out of his jeep, "If you need any of us, just text us and we will come running." I let out a laugh as I hold up my cell phone,"Good to know." I close the jeep door as Anthony waves at me before driving off.

I take a deep breath as I walk into my house and to my surprise I see Jared cooking in the kitchen. "What are you doing home? Aren't you supported to be at work?" Jared nods his head as he keeps his attention on his cooking, "I got called off tonight, I guess you can call that a blessing from the heavens." I place my purse on the counter and walk to Jared and look pass him to see what he is cooking, "Why are you making Grandma Etta's famous chicken Alfredo?" I ask when Jared turns around to face me, "Why are you home after only 2 hours at the club?" He shoots back at me with a sly grin on his face. "Fair point big brother, but I need to advise." I say hoping up on the counter so that Jared and I are kind of eye level. "There this guy that I ran into at the book store and then again tonight at the club, and there is just something about him that I get this feeling like I am high when he around me."

Jared quickly turns around and I don't like the look on his face, "You sound like you enjoy the feelings you have around this stranger." I am not sure how to answer that honesty right now because what I felt tonight when Nick and I were dancing was something that I have never felt before, "He just has this ability to bring out this part of me that I didn't know I had." I hear Jared growl and I know that he is going into older brother mode, "What part of you is that? It better not be anything like I am thinking because if it is then I am telling dad and you will be hearing about a missing person on the morning news." I can't help but start laughing as I hop off the counter and hug Jared,

"I love you Jared, and don't worry about it I have everything under control." That was a lie in fact when it comes Nick I have nothing under control. "I am going to get ready for bed." I stand up on my tip toes and give him a kiss on the cheek, "You wanted my advice?" He asks making me look at him with an unsure look, "My advice is this, you need to be very cautious Quinn because it almost sounds like that you are falling for this guy even when you have Brenton." I feel a mixture of emotions hearing those words come out of Jared's mouth, "I didn't want to hear that." I snap him and run upstairs to my room slamming my door before Jared could say anything else.

I am now dressed in a pair of sleep shorts and believe it or not I am still wearing Nick's hoodie, I brush out the curls out of my hair and once I am ready for bed I lay back on my bed thinking of how disappointed my dad would be of me with all the lying I have done tonight, I just didn't want to face the truth, even if I don't even know what that is yet, and I feel my eyes get heavy as I close them.

 Upon smelling a mixture scent of sweet caramel and vanilla I reopen them to see a shirtless Nick hovering above me with his dreamy blue eyes staring at me, he slowly brings his hand to my face and lightly brushes his fingers it across my softly against my lips, then up to my cheek pushing loose strains of hair out of my face, and right away feel that burning sensation light inside of me. I take my fingers and lightly start tracing the tattoo on his stomach getting his muscles to contract under my touch, "You shouldn't be here." I say to Nick who has a very stone and intense look on my face. He slowly my hand away from his tattoo and brings it to his heart that is beating fast, but I also notice that his heart and mine are beating at the same time. Nick uses his other hand and softly trails his fingers down the length of my body, he lets out a huge ragged breath of air as he lowers himself down on me, "Dreaming about me, again are you?" His Scottish accent making the fire inside of me get more furious.

I awake from the dream by the feeling of something vibrating on my bed. I sit up in my bed looking all over to place to see that Nick isn't here at all, I take a couple of deep breaths as I look over at my clock to see that it is 2 in the morning with the only noises of the clinking of the dog tags and the sound of my phone vibrating next to me. I pick up my phone to see that it was vibrating because I had a few picture text messages from Tiffany, Chris, and Emery, but Instead of checking them out right now I put my phone in my corner and lay back down on my bed cuddling into warmth of Nick's hoodie and just like that any worries I was thinking about melted away and a sense of peace of calm come over as I drift off back to sleep.