Chapter 5

Quinn's POV

I have been working most of the day and it is finally time for my break, "Emery, I am going on my break." I say to him as he nods his head before serving the plates of food in his arms. I see the teen girls that he serving start drooling over Emery as they rake their eyes over his body and I know that Emery doesn't mind that kind attention, as a matter of fact I know for certain that Emery loves that kind of attention. I shake my head smiling at him as he starts flirting with the girls on purpose."He is sure good at this job." Tiffany says and I nod my head taking off my apron, "He knows how to work the customers, that is why he is makes the big tips." I say walking to the back and grabbing my purse walking out the backdoor.

I sit on the steps and check my phone to see that I have no new notifications, I close my eyes and take a deep in before letting it out. It is time like this that I really miss Brenton, just having someone to be there when you feel alone or you just feel no right. The back door opens and I turn my head to see that it is Emery, "Whatever it is, can't it wait until my break is over?" Emery sits down next to me, "You want to talk about it?" I shake my head as I lean my head-on Emery's shoulder, "What kind of tip did you make on those girls that were undressing you with their eyes?" Emery and I start laughing, "I made a 20-dollar tip between the three of them." I lift my head off his shoulder as he looks over at me, "By the way, your brother is here." I look at him confused but I stand up back on my feet and make my way back into the diner and sure enough I see my brother sitting at the bar. 

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be sleeping?" I ask him as he smiles rubs the back of his neck, "I was sleeping perfectly until my stomach started growling,so I thought I would come down here and see if my order is ready." I roll my eyes as I look below the counter to see a bag with my name on it, "Your lucky that I ordered it during my shift." I lightly joke as I hand him the bag and he pulls out his wallet, "How much do I owe you?" I look at the receipt that is taped onto the bag, "10 dollars and fifty cents." I say as he pulls out some cash, "Here is 15 and you can keep the change." He smiles at me as I lean across the counter and give him a kiss on his cheek, "You are the best big brother." Jared just rolls his eyes as he shoves his wallet back into his pocket of his shorts, 

"By the way I got the mail today, and I saw that you got a letter from Brenton today." This makes my heart skip a beat but it also makes me want to run home right now to read it, "Did you read it?" I ask him in an angry tone of voice,"No, why would want to read a mush love letter from your boyfriend, I am your older brother and there are parts of your life that I have no desire in knowing." Jared gives a hug before walking out of the diner and heading back home. I walk back outside to see Tiffany leaning against the building which means she must be on her break as well, "Did you hear that Chris got a full-time gig at club opening in a few weeks?" I nod my head because I was the first person that Chris told since he was my best friend.

"I very excited for him, and I know that he will do great." Tiffany puts her phone in her pocket, "I got a text from Anthony telling me all about it." I sit back down on the steps as Tiffany makes her way over to me and sits down next to me,"You know that Emery is in love with you?" This catches me by complete surprise and I look at her with a look on my face wondering why she would say that out of the blue. "I don't why you would bring that up out of nowhere, but I have known Emery for a long time, and I think I would know if he was in love with me." Tiffany just shakes her head at me, 

"You never noticed how much attention he gives you when we all hang out, or how he always right there when you need something no questions asked." I picked up on the fact that Emery might have some kind of feelings for me but I didn't think that it was like that. "I am not sure how to answer that, but Emery knows that I am with Brenton." The sound of a motorcycle engine cuts Tiffany off on whatever she was about say, "I need to get back in, my break is almost over." I say as I stand up and make my way back into the diner. As I walk into the main part of the diner I look out the window to see Emery outside the front of the diner talking with the guy who is riding the motorcycle. 

The guy looks to be in his 20's and around the same height as my dad. He is wearing an open light plaid shirt with a white tee underneath, his left arm is covered in tattoos, he has some kind of necklace around his neck, the jeans he is wearing dark washed and kind of faded, and he has on black boots on his feet. I look closer at the guy as he takes off his helmet reveling his dark brown,Emery hand his him some cash as the guy shoves in his pocket before starting his motorcycle back up and riding off. I start thinking about how similar the guy on the motorcycle is to the guy that was in my dream last night, I am snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of the bell on the front door.

"You alright Quinn?" Emery asks and I look up at him and just slowly nod my head, "Yeah, just daydreaming." I say my voice sounding unsure as I look at the spot where the guy was one more time before pushing the thoughts into the back of my mind as I get back to work.