Chapter 54

Quinn's POV

"I think we need to talk about the note." Emery's cheek turn bright red as he fiches with the sleeves of his shirt, "You said you wish I could tell me the truth, I am right here Emery." I could tell that I have caught off guard because he starts stammering over his words, "What is it that you want to tell me?" Emery takes a deep breath as he takes my hand in his and looks deep into my eyes, "Quinn, I........."Emery starts but he stops short as Caily walks over to Emery and I,

 "I can't believe you actually took Nick up on his offer to be his date tonight."Emery quickly let's go of my hand and wraps his arms around Caily pulling her into his chest, "That is same thing that we were just talking about." Emery says giving me a pleading look, and I can't help covering for him because I know how he feels about Caily. "You look beautiful by the way Heidi." Caily smiles at me and I smile back her fixing my dress, "You look beautiful as well Caily, and I assume that since you are here that your brother is lurking somewhere?" Caily nods her head and points over to the front door where I see Reed actually dressed up in a suite as he talks with a few of guests.

A woman in her thirties that is around 5 foot maybe a little taller with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes walks over to us, and I have known this woman for along time and have come to think of her as a mother figure, "Hi Mrs. Lopez." I smile hugging Adeline Lopez who is Emery's mom, "Hello Quinn." I pull out of the hug as Nick walks over to the small group of us and right away I can feel the agitation between Nick and Emery, "Nice to see actually attending Nick."Nick rolls his eyes as I lightly elbow him in the gut, "My father asked me nicely to attend." Nick looks down at me as I give him a sweet smile,

"Speaking of your dad, I am going to excuse myself and talk to him." Adeline walks away from the four of us and over to Nick's dad. "Shouldn't the two of you been joying the party?" Nick comments in a snapping manner and I know that he is directly his attitude to Emery who also figures it out, "I come this event every year,unlike you Nick who spends the night with his buddies smoking and drinking in the park until you know the party is over." Nick steps forward but I keep myself presses up against his chest, "Have you told Caily about your relationship with Quinn." All of us look at him baffled that he would actually bring that up, "Sorry, I mean friendship." Emery looks at Nick like he could kill him for that comment and I can't say that I blame him, 

"Emery,why don't we go into the kitchen and get something eat." Caily takes Emery hand and pulls him away vanishing into the house. "Why did you say that?" I ask turning around to face Nick, "He is having a hard enough time figuring out his feeling Caily without you adding fuel to the fire." Nick closes his eyes taking in a deep a deep breath before letting it out, "Maybe I said it because I am sick of him looking down at me like he is better than me." I place my hand on hip, "He doesn't believe he is better than you, he is trying to be a friend a look out for you." The sound of Christmas music starts playing through the whole house and people start dancing to the music. "Care to dance?" Nick asks holding out his hand to me.

"I guess I can handle one dance." He takes my hand leading me into the middle of the room, right away I get the feeling of my skin burning just from his touch."Don't be nervous Little Dove, just keep your eyes on me and it will be over before you know it." Nick lightly twirls me around before pulling me to him, my body fitting perfectly with him as Nick places his left hand gently on my hip while I securely wrap my arms around him bringing our bodies to nearly touch and our faces so close to each other's that I can smell the peppermint of Nick's breath. 

Together Nick and I start slow dancing to the music, "This is nothing like the last time we danced." I say as Nick gazes at me with a smile on his face, "This is the complete opposite of the last time we danced." Our bodies passionately but slowly moving to the rhythm of the elegant Christmas music. The sense of Nick and I being the only two people in the room and even the world comes over me,Nick twirls me around in his arms before dipping me backwards and he forward close to me, "I think this dance is better than the last, you actually want to be with me." Nick comments staring at me with his breathing becoming lightly shallow. 

"Believe it or not Nick, you have made question not just everything that I thought I knew about myself in general, but you also have managed to make my start questioning what I truly want out my life." I run my free hand along his cheek getting Nick to take a deep breath before pulling me back up into his arms. As the song comes to an end Nick leans down to my level, "Thank you for the dance Little Dove?" Nick whispers in my ear placing a small kiss on my head. "You want me to give you a tour of the house?" Nick asks and I nod my head as Nick pulls my hand and starts giving me a tour of this massive house, but suddenly it is like this awakening happens within me, and the realization comes over me that I can't deny it anymore, I have fallen in love with Nick Romero.