Chapter 53

Quinn's POV

Nick turns down a street and as I look out the window I can't help but notice the number of cars parked on either side of road, and when Nick pulls into a driveway I look forward to see the house that is decorated for the holidays, "You're kidding me right?This house is just a little bigger than mine, and you were complaining about my house." Nick laughs shrugging his shoulders, "I don't like to brag about my family, unless I can get away it." Nick pulls into the driveway and pulls in front of the 4-car garage, "I can't believe that you live here?" Nick opens the third garage pulling in and shuts his car off, "I have my own place thank you very much." I look at him not knowing that he lives on his own,

"I couldn't stand my parents trying to control certain parts of my life, I saved up money for years until I got enough to buy my own place and I moved out."Nick gets out of the car walking over to my side opening my door for me and holds out his hand, "You act very different when it comes to your parents." I take his hand as he helps me out of the car and closes the door, "My parents have certain standers that are the complete opposite of who I am." I can kind of understand that given my dad compares some of my choices in life to my mom.

Nick takes a few deep breaths and if I didn't know any better I would say that Nick seems a little on edge, ""Are you nervous Mr. Romero?" I ask with a sly smile on my lips as I look into the blue eyes of Nick, "Never Ms. Callahan, as long as you are around me." Nick smiles back as he holds out his arm to me, and I take his arm as we head out of the garage and into the house. Once we step inside the house the only way I can describe is you get the feeling that you have wondered into a house that belongs to a celebrity, I look around to see people dressed to the nines everywhere talking, drinking, and looking like they are having a great time.

"Lot of rich looking people." I say holding onto Nick's hand tightly, "Don't worry,just stick with me and you will be okay." Nick leads me through one of the biggest kitchens I have ever seen in my life and into the massive family room just off the kitchen. The family room has white soft carpet, two sectional couch on either side, a mantel with a fireplace below and a family portrait above, next to the mantel is a wooden entertainment center with a flat screen built into it, and beautiful windows that overlook Las Vegas, "If this is the family room I just imagine the living room." Nick smiles as he pulls me close to him, "I will be right back, I just need to let my father know I am here."Before I can say anything, Nick wanders off vanishing into the crowd of people.

I slowly start walking around the house hoping that I don't get lost. I wander into another large room that must be a movie theater room because there are dark brown move theater chairs, the most amazing aquarium entertainment center with a movie theater sized TV screen, a huge cupboard that holds countless DVD's that are organized by genre, and the place is almost completely dark except the light that is coming from the TV aquarium, and the opened door. "Please close the door, I am watching a movie." A child's voice says from somewhere in the room, "Sorry." I say back before walking out of the room and running into Nick,"I was wondering where you wandered off too." I just smile as Nick takes my hand in his and leads me through the family room pass the spectacular dining room, and into the main part of the house that you would see if you came through the front door.

The grand staircase is a work of art that leads to the maze-like hallway on the second floor, the large front hallway that leads into the huge living room is covered in works of art and other things like it, "My father would like to meet you." Nick slowly leads me through the endless crowed of people as he and I enter living room that much bigger than the family room, "This place is crazy,how can your parents afford a place like this?" Nick just shrugs he lets go of my hand and walks up to the fully stocked bar that is part of the living room. 

The man Nick is talking to is in his thirties, a little bit taller than Nick with his blonde hair slicked back and his blue eyes on Nick before they land on me,"Quinn." Nick calls me over and I slowly walk up to the two of them, "Quinn Callahan,may Introduce you to my father Maxwell Romero." I stand by what I said in the garage, Nick seems to act very differently around his parents. "It is a pleasure to finally meet you Quinn, my son hasn't stopped talking about you for months now." I now know where Nick gets his accent from and his breathtaking blue eyes,

"Nice to meet you too Mr. Romero." Maxwell takes a drink from his glass before speaking again, "Either you like a drink?" Both Nick and I shake our heads politely,"I don't drink much, and the last time I did was not a pleasant moment." Nick's dad chuckles, "I understand my dear, but please enjoy the party and you are more than welcome here any time." I smile back at him inclining my head, "I will be right there, I need to talk to my dad about a personal matter." I nod my head giving him a kiss om his cheek before walking off to the side to let Nick and his dad talk. 

A sudden pair of arms wrap around my waist out of the blue and I swing my arm around elbowing the person behind me, "Easy Quinn, it is just me." I turn around to see Emery, "I am so sorry Emery, but you should know scaring me is not a good idea." Emery smiles with his hand on his jaw, "I see that you got my present." Emery looks down at the necklace around my neck, "I did, thank you." I say running my fingers over it knowing that Emery and I need to clear the awkward tension between us.