Chapter 18

Quinn's POV

"What are you doing here Nick?" I ask him but he just smiles at me, "Nice to see you too Quinn." Emery looks from Nick to me with the same puzzled look I have just a few seconds ago,"How do the two of you know each other?" I look at Nick praying that he keepshis mouth shut about that happened at the club, "We ran into each other at a book store a few weeks back." Nick says and I let out a breath of relief but I know that I can't trust Nick to keep what happened just between him and I.

"To answer your question Quinn, I am here because Emery is the only one that knows the password to the Netflix account." Emery eyes go wide and it is like a light bulb goes off in his head. "I meant to leave you a note this morning but it slipped my mind." Emery rips off a page of his pad and scribbles the password on the paper, "Nick is all excited that the new season of 'American Horror Story' has been released last week." I can't say that I am surprised that Nick watches AHS, because in the Callahan American Horror Story is a family event,we all sit down and watch it together.

"Here you go man." Nick takes the piece of paper and shoves it in his pocket, "I guess I can't be too surprised, now I kind of understand that twisted mind of yours." Nick smirks as he lightly takes my hand raising to his lips, "My mind is a wonder of twisted nightmares and heavenly dreams." Emery laughs as Mr.Boise calls him to the back leaving Nick and I alone in the front of the diner."I think you need to chill way down with the attitude Little Dove." I look at him with anger in my eyes when rip my hand away from him knowing that one of these days I am going to have to ask him why he calls me that.

"Don't touch me, you touch me again I will drop you where you stand." I growl at him but Nick just smirks at me, "I seem to bring something out in you, something that you are terrified to admit is there just below the surface." I feel myself starting to clam up because I know that Nick is right, he does bring something out in me, and I hate myself for starting to like it. "I am not scared but you don't know what you are talking about and I'm done playing these emotional games with you." I push past him but Nick being Nick isn't going to let this go without a fight. "Emotions are just primal instincts of the mind that act on the person's situation." I turn around facing him and cross my arms over my chest,

"Actually,emotions are adaptive responses." Nick leans against the counter with a shrug of his shoulders and lets out a small chuckle, "At the end of the day all those things called human emotions really do is make people weak and influence their decision making." I look at him in disbelief and I have no idea how one person could be so narcissistic. "But then you people who are like me that have learned to turn it off, and people like me who live a carefree live without worrying about things like remorse or guilt are quickly branded unstable and soulless." I can't argue with that because just from my encounters with Nick I would say that he is a little off his rocker.

"That is because one of the main purpose of having emotions is the ability to know what is important in life like having certain values and strong ethics." Nick pushes off the counter and makes his way over to me until he is once again only standing inches away from me, and just him being this close makes my body feel like it is on fire. "Like us being drawn to one another?" Nick asks as we consider the different of emotions running in our eyes and he runs his hand along my cheek until I swat his hand away. "Coming from the arrogant and impulsive rebel without a cause that uses snappy rude and taunting remarks to cover up what he is really feeling." Nick's eyes darken a little bit and his body seems to tense up making me wonder if I managed to hit a sore spot with him.

"I can't help it, I am a person with a lot of depth." It is my turn to let out as mall laugh as I step away from him putting a little bit of distance between us, "Depth certainly is word that I would use." Nick sits down on the bar stool with a mixture of anger and amusement on his face, "Coming from you, someone who is so bored with her content life that she desperately looks for thrills and adventure in a stranger like me." I can feel the anger rising in me the more and more I let Nick get under my skin and I know that he is only doing this to get a reaction from me. 

"I am happy with my life, and I think that you let your imagination get the best of you if you think that any girl would ever have any type of romantic feelings towards you." Nick wraps one of his arms around my waist bringing down on his lap. "Then explain what happened last night between us, how you seemed to like when I brought out this devil-may-care attitude?" I push him away and quickly get off his lap. "What happened last night was nothing more than a lapse in judgement, and it will never happen again." I snap at him trying to play it off but deep down I felt this freedom when Nick was around me.

"I enjoyed myself, and you had no problem matching my carefree lifestyle." I let out a frustrated groan as I look deep into Nick's endless blue eyes, "I am going to tell you one more time and get this through your thick skull, nothing will ever happen between us Nick, I have a boyfriend who I love." I see a flash of something come across Nick's face as he stands up from the bar stool and towers over me. "Love? You didn't seem to worried about him when you were taking my clothes off last night at the club." He smirks his usual arrogant, and smug smile as he walks away and leaves the diner.