Chapter 31

Quinn's POV

"When is this party going to start, you two have been none stopping arguing for almost over an hour."Tiffany grips and I can't say that I blame her, "Chris and I are not arguing,we are having heated debate." I mock Tiffany as Chris and I finally agree on the movie selection. "Whatever you want to call it, I call it bored out of my mind." I roll my eyes looking over at Tiffany who is sitting on Clay's lap,"You don't look as bored as you sound." I remark causing Tiffany to give her best fake evil expression. "Can we please start the first movie, anyone who isn't here yet is out of luck." Chris stands up before walking over to the DVD player and opening it, "Tiffany pick a piece of paper out of the jack o lantern."

Tiffany sighs as she reaches into the hollowed-out jack o lantern and pulls a piece of paper out, "Perfect movie to start us off." She shows Clay the paper and he smiles, "The Shining." Clay says as Tiffany throws the paper onto the table. "One of my favorite movies." Clay says as Chris starts the movie and the four of us curl up on the couch. We are at the part in the movie when Jack is talking to the ghostly bartender when all of sudden the sound of the door slowly opening catches the attention of the four of us.

Did anyone else hear that?" Tiffany asks as Chris pauses the movie and we hear the noise again, "Sounds like the front door." Chris asks as he gets off the couch,"You should know the first rule in all horror movies, don't go check out the creepy sound." I say as Chris just smiles at me rolling his eyes, "This is real life Quinn." I sigh knowing that I am going to regret what I am about to do."I'll go with you." I say getting myself off the couch following behind Chris.We walk through the kitchen and look down the hall to see that the front door is open, 

"That shouldn't be opened." I say as we slowly walk down the hallway as the sound of quite laughter is heard coming from the dining room. "I think it is coming from over there." I say pointing to the entrance to the dining room, and when Chris and I enter the dining room someone jumps out at me wearing a mask, "Trick or treat!" The person yells making me scream at the top of my lungs, and as a response I swing at the masked man but he ducks avoiding my fist. The guy wearing masks fall to the floor laughing, and it isn't until I hear his laughter that I start calming down and get angry, "That wasn't funny, you better be glade I didn't drop you." I say walking up to the guy in front of me pulling off the mask to reveal Anthony. 

"That was classic, you should have seen your face." Anthony says through his laughter. After getting control of his laughter he stands up, Anthony is wearing a leather varsity bomber jacket, green tank top, his large gold chain around his neck, black jeans with rips all over them, and nice looking sneakers. "That was the best scream ever, I heard it all the way from the upstairs." I look up at the staircase to see Emery who is wearing a plain white T-shirt, dark navy blue jeans, and light brown boots. "Only the two of you would think of an entrance like that for a Halloween party." Emery makes his way down the rest of the stairs then the four of us enter the living room.

"Emery and Anthony are here." I say flopping down on the couch, "I am guessing that they were going bump in the night?" I nod my head while Emery lays down next tome, "I am using you my pillow." I cuddle up to Emery and place my head on his chest, "What movie are we watching?" Anthony asks sitting on the floor in front of Emery and I as I start playing with his hair. "The Shining,now hush or I will dunk your head in the toilet." Tiffany snaps lightly at Anthony who just plays along knowing full well that Tiffany would never really do that. 

Chris takes his seat on the other side of me and starts the movie back up. Once that movie is done Chris gets up and takes it out of the DVD player, "The ending always confuses me, no matter how many times I watch it." Tiffany stands up and stretches, "Who is picking next?" Emery asks looking down at me with a smile,"NOT IT!" Everyone but Chris yells as he turns around to face us, "Fine I will pick." He reaches into the jack o lantern and pulls a piece of paper out, "The Conjuring movies." He throws the paper on the table as he searches the movie rack, "I will be right back, I am going to get the snacks ready." I unwrap myself from Emery and wander into the kitchen to get snacks ready.

Someone knocks on the front door as I am putting things in bowls, I pour a bag of sour cream and onion chips into a bowl with one hand and open the front door with the other, and when I open the door to see who has arrived I drop the bowl of chips onto the floor. "Nick." He looks at me for a moment and a smile comes to lips, "We are here for party." He says with his blue eyes staring in mine, and it isn't until now that I notice that Nick also did not come alone. Flanked to Nick's right is the guy that I remember from the book store when I first met Nick, and flanked to Nick's left is an unknown stranger that I have yet to meet. "Please come in." I say standing off to the side as Nick and his two buddies walk into the house.