Chapter 26

Quinn's POV

I feel like I am in the middle of a romantic drama movie as I feel myself take in a sharp breath as our lips touch. I can taste the popcorn butter and salt on Nick's lips. I place my hand on the back of his neck as our lips start moving in sync with one another and Nick places his hand on my cheek bringing me closer to him and deepening our kiss. I can't wrap my brain around just what I am feeling right now, I don't think I have never felt so free and more live as I do right now as Nick and I pull away from each other only for a moment to catch our breath, and at this moment I can say that we are no longer kissing we are now fully making out on my front porch. 

I feel Nick's lips slowly parts and his tongue comes across my lower lip and as I part my lips our tongue's swirl around each other both trying to dominate the other. I run my free hand through his hair messing it up but I don't think Nick cares right now as his hands travel down my body and stop at the bottom of my shirt. Nick slowly starts lifting up my shirt as his fingers touch my bare skin sending goosebumps all over my body. I trail my hand down his body enjoying the feeling of his muscles under my touch as he slowly pulls away from me, "You will have no idea the effect you are having on me Quinn." He whispers into my ear, but our moment is interrupted when the front door suddenly opens and my brother Jared walks out looking between Nick and I shocked beyond comprehension.

I quickly pull away from Nick feeling like the worst person in the world. "What is going on here, and who are you?" Jared asks turning his attention to Nick. "It's nothing Jared, please just go back in the house." I say but Jared doesn't listen to me as he steps out of the house and putting himself between Nick and I, "What I just saw didn't look like nothing." He snaps at me before turning around to Nick, "I think it is time for you to leave." I roll my eyes as I push myself past Jared and I look into Nick's eyes which side tracks my thoughts as I start thinking about the kiss all over again and how it made me feel my body had burst into flames.

"My name is Nick Romero, and I was just making sure that Quinn got home safe and sound." My body reacts to the soft touch of Nick's hands as it touches mine while he stands in front of me. "You have nothing to feel guilty about Quinn,believe me." Nick whispers running his hand slowly up my arm until he reaches my shoulders and start playing with my hair. "GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY SISTER!"Jared yells pushing Nick away from me and off the porch. "JARED! STOP!" I yell stepping in front of Jared. "I love the fact that you are protective of me, but I can handle this on my own." Jared doesn't move as he leans against the post on the porch, 

"Go ahead and handle it, but if you think that I am leaving you alone out here without some like him, then you are off your rocker Quinn." I take a deep breath as I walk down the steps of the porch and up to Nick, "Are you okay?" I ask looking him over as much as he would let me, "I am fine, but now I am starting to understand why you always seemed wound tight." I run my fingers through my hair knowing that Nick and Jared are staring holes into each other."Please don't, what you did to that stranger that was one thing, but this is my brother Nick, and if you want to get to him then you have to go through me first."

Nick snaps his gaze away from Jared turning it on me, "I would never put my hands on a female to do her harm, my family raised me better than that." I see his blue eyes soften a little but they quickly go back to being emotionless. "I think it is time for us to say goodnight, before things get out of hand again and escalate to violence." I place my hands over Nick's clenched fists and just looks at me taking a deep breath relaxing his shoulders. "You don't need to treat me like a child Quinn!" He roars taking a few steps back which alerts my brother as he takes a few steps down from the porch,

"What happened was a mistake Nick, I have a boyfriend Nick and you have a girlfriend.I shouldn't feel this way, or be thinking like this, and I definitely shouldn't be acting on these feelings." I lean my head on his chest and his head comes down to my neck, "You are entitled to feel any way you want without worrying about what the world thinks." Nick whispers in my ear and all though his Scottish voice does bring it with it some peace and wisdom it still doesn't stop that nagging voice in me telling that I am worst girlfriend in the world and that if I truly loved Brenton like I say I do, then I would have never letdown my guard down and let Nick in the first place.

"It is getting late and I have a lot to do in the morning, I will see you tomorrow night at Chris's house." I walk away before Nick can say anything else and go into the house with my brother right behind me. "Where do you think you are going?" Jared asks grabbing my hand and spinning me around, "You aren't going anywhere until I get an explanation, and if I were you I would try telling me the truth."