Chapter 28

Quinn's POV

I open my eyes upon hearing the strange sounds of waves lightly hitting a shore line, and when I sit up in bed and look around to see that I am not in my room. I am in a much larger bedroom with what I can only describe as 360-degree picturesque scenery. The carpet in the room is white and the whole room gives you that rich beach house kind of feeling. There are two nightstands on either side of the California king sized bed with cream colored Egyptian cotton sheets, white comforter, and cream colored pillows.Then you have what looks like closet doors, wide open door which must lead to the bathroom, the biggest Entertainment center completed with a huge flat screen TV, stunning stone mantel which includes the small fireplace and storage area that I can only assume is for logs, and a balcony with the curtain drawn to show you overlooking a beautiful body of water.

"Morning gorgeous." I hear the sound of a familiar Scottish accent say and when I turn my head I see Nick leaning against the bathroom door with just a towel wrapped around his waist."Looks like my dream has turned into a nightmare." I growl at him as he chuckles smiling his cocky smile at me, "That is total opposite of last night."I look deep into his eyes with him looking even deeper into my eyes. Before either one of us can say anything Nick walks over to me and places a very passionate kiss on my lips, I am taken a back for a moment but I quickly find myself pulling him down on top of me as our kiss gets heavier.

"We shouldn't be doing this Nick." I say pulling out of the kiss. Nick ignore me as his lips find their way to my neck and he trails light kisses down my neck getting a surprising gentle moan from my lips. I close my eyes wanting to wake up but I can't seem to,"Screw it." I say out loud running my hands through his hair. "You're talking dirty now? He asks and even without begin able to see his face I can feel that sly smirk. I my hands out of his hair and trail them down his body until I reach the towel around his waist. "Be careful Little Dove, don't start something you have no intention on finishing." He lightly growls at me raises his head looking down at me as I lift my hand and slowly run it along his face which gets him to shiver a little bit as he looks at me with a peaceful and what I believe is happiness expression on his face. 

"You' are without a doubt the most important thing that has ever happened to me." He says softly moving his hands up my shirt as his cold fingers touch my bare skin, "It sounds to me like Nick Romero wants love in his life and doesn't want to be alone." I smile up at him circling my arms around his neck bringing him down closer to me. "When it comes to you Quinn Callahan, I never feel really alone." He kisses my lips moving his hands further my shirt and the feeling that only Nick can seem to bring out in me of my skin being on fire spreads from the top of my head to my toes, almost like I am in the middle of a burning fire. "You are mine." He whispers and I lean my head up to his ear, "Now and forever." I whisper back completing what he was going to say.

The sound of my phone ringing brings me out of my dream and back to reality. I groan as reach over to the side of my bed searching for my phone, and when I finally manage to find it I look at the screen to see that it is an unknown number. I roll my eyes before pressing the accept button and putting the phone to my ear, "Hello?" I say in my morning groggy voice, and what I hear next is something that I never thought that I would hear, "Hey Marshmallow." My world stops as my whole body goes into shock when I hear the nickname that only one person on the earth calls me.

I bring myself out of the shock as my phone is about to slip out of my hand,"Brenton?" I ask wanting to make sure that it was really him and not some mean joke getting played on me. "It's me, you have no idea how nice it is to hear your voice." I feel myself already starting to cry as I sit down on the edge of my bed, "How?" Is all I am able to say sitting speechless on my bed, "I don't have long to talk but I thought that I would call you because I just need to hear your voice." The emotions overwhelm me as try to get myself together enough to talk to him, 

"How is everything?" I ask mentally slapping myself for asking that questions out of everything I could have said. "Everything is normal here, but I did want to tell you that I am officially coming home next month." I let of a shaky breath due to my crying, "That is the best news that I could have gotten." I can hear Nick sniffle a little bit and I know that he must be crying but trying not to show it, "Do you know when you are coming home?" I ask trying to get him to calm down a little.

"I don't know that date yet, but I should know a couple of days before I actually get home." I sigh knowing that figuring out vacation time is hard and always seems like an endless process. "I can't wait to have back home." I say as a fresh round of tears start falling from my eyes, "I can't tell you how much I miss you Quinn, you are the only thing that is getting me through at this point."Hearing the emotion in his voice making me feel like someone ripped out my heart and stomped on it. 

"I still have your dog tags around my neck, I never taken them off unless I am showering." I hear Nick let out a laugh and it makes me smile to hear that laugh that I miss more than life itself, "Greywood! Your needed in the armory immediately!" I hear a man shout so loud that it hurt my ear from the other side of the phone. "Yes sir!" Brenton yells sounding just like I thought he would, "I am sorry Quinn, but I need to go, but just remember that it won't belong until I am home." I nod my head letting out a sobbing breath, "I love you Marshmallow."I gather myself just enough to keep it together until this phone calls ends. "I love you too Brenton." I hear the sound of a kissing sound on my phone before the phone calls ends.

I put the phone down as I lay back on my bed clutching the dog tags and start crying my eyes out, not just because of the phone call from Brenton but also because of just how unfaithful I have been to a man that is willing to give his life for not just his country but also for me.