O N E !

[ CHAPTER I:
SUMMER TIME ]

ALICE TOZIER glanced over at the clock, numerous times. Her foot tapping on the dirty tiled floor, that hadn't been swept since January, impatiently counting down the mere seconds until the sweet freedom called Summer began. Alice licked her cracked lips, no longer paying attention to whatever the teacher had been talking about, probably wishing luck to the eighth graders about freshman year in four more months.

Alice watched in anticipation as the needle ticked closer and closer to 3:35, the time school would end. "Three" Alice whispered to herself. She wondered if Richie and the others had plans for most of the summer, "Two" Her brown eyes were filled with excitement. Maybe her and Richie could hang out in the arcade. "One!" Alice shouted and the bell rang.

Students scrambled up from their seats as the ran out the door, some cheering, others loudly talking with their friends. Alice was first out the door as she searched for her brother and his friends. Well, Bill, Eddie, and Stan were also Alice's friends but she viewed them more as Richie's.

Alice began walking to her locker and entered her combination, Alice shoved her belongings into her bag, she then felt a tap on her shoulder and looked up to be met with a familiar curly haired boy. "Hey Stan the man" Alice gave Stan a small smile, Stan returned the kind gesture. Behind Stan was Eddie Kaspbrak, Bill Denbrough, and Alice's brother Richie.

Stan was Alice's favorite out of Richie's friends. Eddie was a germaphobe and kept putting hand sanitizer after Alice would high-five him, Bill was okay but Alice had enjoyed Stan's humor and him teasing her brother. "Hey Alice in Wonderland" Stan said.

Alice jokingly rolled her eyes and let her smile grow. Alice hated the nickname when it came out of anyone's mouth that wasn't Stan, Richie, Bill, or Eddie. Henry Bowers called her that nickname once and Alice almost got expelled by how badly she had beaten the Bowers boy.

"You guys got any plans for summer yet?" Alice asked as she slammed her locker and swung her backpack on her shoulder, the backpack nearly took the girl off her feet by how heavy it was. The group of friends began walking down the hallway.

"Nope not yet but we were just talking about Stan's bar Mitzvah" Eddie said.

"Ed s-s-says they slice o-off the t-top of his dick" Bill said.

Alice turned to Stan with wide eyes. "Do they?" She whispered to Stan.

Stan closed his eyes and let out an annoyed sigh before shaking his head. "No, at the Bar Mitzvah I read from the Torah and then I make a speech and I suddenly become a man" Stan said.

Alice pursed her lips. "Seems a bit unrealistic" She said.

"I can name more funner ways to become a man" Richie said.

Stan tolled his eyes at the grammatically incorrect sentence. " 'More fun ways' you mean" Stan corrected.

The group became silent as they passed by the Bowers gang, Henry, Belch, Victor, and Patrick. Alice turned to Stan and stuck her finger in her mouth, not all the way, and pretended she was gagging earning a smile and small chuckle from the boy after they were far from the gang.

"You think they'll sign my year book? Dear Richie, sorry for taking a hot steaming dump in you backpack last month. Have a great summer" Richie said sarcastically.