T W E N T Y - F I V E !

AUTHORS NOTE
I know Beverlys artifact comes
first but I'm to lazy to edit the
last two chapters 😔😔

[ CHAPTER XXV:
WOULD YOU LIKE SOME
TEA ? ]

JUDY STARED at the building in front of her, it seemed so creepy. It wasn't run down like most buildings but it did look run down. Beverly opened the door and waved Judy over.

The two walked down the hallway. "What if someone lives in the apartment?" Judy asked as she picked at her fingers. Ever since Beverly had filled her in on why the town was dangerous, Judy was questioning every turn and every person in Derry.

Beverly looked down at the blonde. "It's fine, none of the adults in Derry care, we've learned that lesson years ago" Beverly said before standing in front of the door and knocked on it softly.

The door opened and an old, frail looking, woman stood at the entrance. "Yes?" The woman asked.

The older woman's name was Mrs.Kersh, and Judy couldn't help but agree with Beverly that the adults in Derry just don't really care as Mrs.Kersh invited the two inside just because Beverly said she used to live in the apartment.

"Is it like you remember?" Mrs.Kersh asked.

The memory of her smashing a toilet seating onto an older mans head as she stared at a twelve year old girl with curly brown hair who was suddenly thrown onto the bottom of the tub as water started to pour on top of her invaded Beverlys thoughts. "Cleaner" Beverly said not wanting to say the horrible memories that had just resurfaced.

Beverly then looked down at the old woman. "Would you mind if we took a look around?" She asked.

"Sure" Mrs.Kersh said with a smile, a smile that Judy didn't seem to trust.

Judy stayed close next to Beverly which had eased Beverlys mind about Judy getting hurt. Judy then bumped into Beverly back as she stared at the bathroom, her hands shaking.

"Miss Marsh?" Judy asked barely audible above a whisper. "Is everything okay?" She asked resting an arm on her bicep.

Beverly looked down at the blonde. "The last time I was in this bathroom,,,it wasn't a pretty sight" Beverly said leaving Judy confused as she walked off.

Judy then caught a glimpse of bubbling in the bathtub, Judy walked towards it, maybe the old woman had forgotten to drain the tub. Judy then leaned above the tub and it seemed a girl with curly brown hair laid in the bottom of the tub. Before she suddenly sat up and took in a deep breath causing Judy to stumble back. "Please help me! It has my friend! It got B—" the girl was then thrown into the bottom of the tub.

Judy rubbed her eyes and the girl was gone. "Judy" Beverly called and Judy suddenly power walked over to the red headed woman suddenly no longer feeling safe in the house.

The blonde shoved her hands in her back pockets, she wanted to leave now.

Beverly head up a poem to the light and Judy squinted at it to read the scrambled letters: your hair is winter fire, January embers, my heart burns there too.

Judy smiled softly, it was such a pretty poem. Judy then suddenly turned around, a sick feeling of being watched was growing in her stomach. "Beverly" Judy said as she looked down at the redhead, the woman furrowed her brows at Judys fear in her eyes. "I wanna leave, I don't—I think we're being watched" Judy whispered which immediately made Beverly stand and grab her hand.