E I G H T !

[ CHAPTER VIII:
ARE YOU OKAY ? ]

THE NOW dubbed 'Losers Club' went towards the park, a more secluded area and not that suspicious as they began talking about Ben's theory. "Okay so let me get this straight. It comes out from wherever to eat kids for like a year, and then what? Goes into hibernation?" Eddie asked.

"Maybe it's like cicadas, you know the bugs that come out every seventeen years" Stan said.

"Just add another ten years and I think we're spot on" Alice said leaning against the table moving her straw around to move the ice for liquid.

Mike swallowed. "My grandfather thinks this town is cursed. He says that all the bad things that happen in this town are because of one thing. An evil thing that feeds off the people of Derry" Mike said.

"But it can't be one thing. We all saw something different" Ben said.

"Maybe" Mike said. "Or maybe It knows what scares us most and that's what we see" He continued.

'Richie's' corpse was what came to Alice's mind, it was so gruesome like as if he was murdered in cold blood. And the clown, holy shit she punched and stabbed a murderous demon clown right in the face!

"I-I saw leper" Eddie began. "He was like,,a walking infection" Eddie said.

"But you didn't" Stan said making Alice look up at him. "Because It isn't real. None of this is. Not Eddie's leper or Bill seeing Georgie or the woman I keep seeing" Stan said.

It got to Stan.

Alice should've told Stan at the bathroom or the diner, she could've comforted him about the woman! Alice placed her hand on Stans' trying to make up for the loss comfort. Then Richie ruined the moment. "Is she hot?" Richie said.

Stan looked up over at Richie in disbelief. "No Richie! She's not hot! Her face is all messed up,,,none of this makes sense. They're all like bad dreams" Stan said looking down. Alice squeezed his hand a bit.

"I don't think so" Alice said. She physically touched the clown, she stabbed him too.

"I know the difference between bad dreams and real life" Mike said.

Beverly turned to Mike. "What did you see? Did both you see something too?" Beverly asked. Alices' hand was still on Stans' but it was like her hand went limp.

Mike nodded and Alice kept quiet. "You guys know that burnt down house on Harris Avenue? I was inside when it burnt down. Before I was rescued,,,my mom and dad were trapped in the next room over from me. They were pushing and pounding on the door trying to get to me, but it was too hot. When the firefighters found them the skin on their hands were melted to the bone" Mike said. "We're all afraid of something" Mike said.

"Got that right" Richie said as he looked behind him and turned away as a clown walked on stage.

"Why, Rich? What are you afraid of?" Beverly asked.

Richie adjusted his glasses. "Clowns" Richie said.

The group waited for Alice to them her fear but she kept silent, she was trembling with fear.