authors note +a proposal (not a wedding one tho 👀)

This book has sadly come to an end :(

But I'm really happy about how this book turned out! To be honest I've had this book in my drafts since 2018 in October, I've been through so many plots and ideas with Alice and her story.

So in memory of this wonderful book I will be sharing info about the book
____
- the first time this book came out, it wasn't Alice Tozier but Y/n Tozier. This was the second book I ever published on this account, soon it was turned into a shitty series that was just used for fan service for my own sake.

- Alice was actually supposed to be Betty Ripsoms gf and she would grow distant with the group and her brother because of Betty's death. During this incident, Stan would be the one to try and talk with and comfort Alice (not knowing about Alices relationship with Betty until Pennywise reveals it to the group).

- Alice wasn't supposed to really know or interact with the OGs (Bill, Eddie, and Stan) to the point where they didn't really notice that she even existed. This wouldn't work out for the plot of course because Stan says he always viewed Alice as a friend and that wouldn't work out if Stan barely knew the girl existed.

- Alices fear was supposed to be darkness but I changed the fear later on because of Betty's death. Betty's death gave Alice the fear of growing close to her brothers friends because Alice didn't want to feel the pain of loosing anyone else.

- Alice was supposed go to the bathroom where Beverly was being bullied by Greta and save Beverly. This was made to further their friendship but I later scrapped the idea because I didn't know where to fit it.

- Judy and Ashley were never supposed to exist 🙈🙈

- Also Alice and Stan weren't supposed to be married, in fact Stan wasn't supposed to go with Alice to college but I loved the idea of them leaving Derry together especially after the whole "you're my dream as well" ordeal.

- Because Alice and Stan stayed together Alice would get flashes of their shared childhood and not good flashes. In fact, Alice had to go to therapy because of the flashes to which her therapist said the flashes were probably nightmares that Alices brain couldn't let go of because the nightmares seemed so real.

- Older!Alice wasn't supposed to see Neibolt!Alice but was supposed to see Neibolt!Betty. Betty would blame Alice for her death.

- After the group had split up because of Neibolt, Alice was supposed to go to the graveyard where she would see Betty's tombstone and be mocked by the clown instead of being comforted by Mike. It would've been something like this;

Alice sat on the ground in front of a tombstone. The words 'Betty Ripsom' was written, carved, into the stone along with Bettys' birthday and her supposed death day. No matter how long Alice stared at it, she just couldn't believe it.

It was all her fault, it was her fault Betty had died.

"It's a shame"

Alice looked up to see the clown leaning behind the tombstone and dragged a finger across the tombstone as his gloved finger collected dust. "She screamed bloody murder yet no one heard her, not even her best friend" the clown said he smiled widely, showing off his pointy white teeth.

Alice scrambled up to her feet, "you're all alone, you've always been alone. You really think that Stanley boy thinks you're his friend?! He's just saying that because you're his friends sister!" The clown said.

"No, no, you're wrong! That isn't true! You're not real!" Alice shouted as she stood and covered her ears. "Shut up, shut up, shut up!" Alice said.

"Really? Look around, Little Al! Theres nobody here" The clown said dragging out his final sentence. It's eyes slowly rolled into the back of its head, "you have no friends!" The clown cackled.

Alice took in short and heavy breaths, her chest rising and falling rapidly as her eyes watered over. "You're wrong! You're wrong! You're not real, you're not real!" Alice said as she closed her eyes tightly as she repeated herself over and over.

Alice slowly opened her eyes and relaxed when she didn't see the clown. But Alice didn't learn her lesson, because she vowed to never tell anyone about her encounter with the clown.

- Bill and Alice were supposed to be best friends as Bill would try to be Alices wingman with Stan. I changed the wingman concept with Beverly tho because I wanted Beverly and Alice to grow closer together since Alice did almost risk her life for Beverly in Bills garage. But the best friends thing didn't change (ex: the ending).

- Younger!Alice was supposed to get clawed by the clown at the exact spot where she would later on be impaled by the clown, a bit of dark foreshadowing.

- the whole thing about coke slushees wasn't planned at all, it's just a beverage I was craving at the time while I was making chapter one.

- Stan was originally supposed to go back with Alice to Derry but it wouldn't make much sense because of those scenes with the losers and the clown talking about Stan's death.

- Alice was supposed to die. I had thought about having Alice write down her final thoughts to the group because of the ritual that was going to happen. It wasn't that Alice didn't have faith in the ritual but because of Judys disappearance Alice figured she would get herself killed to save Judy.
____
Thanks for the support, votes, and comments! 💞💞💞💞

Genuinely, thank you all for the 30k+ reads

Also it has been like a day at most and I already miss writing about Alice and Stan along with Alices friendship with the losers club so uhh,,,

What if I made a filler book for Thanatophobia showing us canon events (maybe some au's👀) that happened during/after the summer of '89 all the way to 2016? Maybe even 2020?

kidding!

Unless? 👀