F I F T E E N !

[ CHAPTER XV:
WE'RE (I'M) NOT AFRAID
ANYMORE ]

ALICE PICKED up a rusted pipe as the clown opened his mouth and burnt hands grabbed at Mike. Then Ben hit the clown and the clown shifted its head to a mummy that wrapped its bandages around the boys head.

Alice stabbed the back of the clown and the clown turned its head. Shifting its head into Betty Ripsoms' decaying head with a wide grin, her eyes were white as maggots crawled all over her face. "It's all your fault" Betty's voice seemed to ring in her ears.

Alice's eyes glossed over as she let out a shout. "Die you piece of shit! I'm not afraid anymore!" Alice exclaimed as she thrusted  the pipe deeper into the monster bringing it to its knees.

Eddie grabbed Richie's bat from the floor and smacked the clown over the head with it. The clown shifted its head into a leaders as it threw up black goo all over Eddie. Eddie stared at It in disgust. "I'm gonna fucking kill you!" Eddie shouted before kicking the clown in the face.

The clown then turned to Stan and shifted its head into the woman, Stan had picked up the other half of the broken skateboard and smashed it against It's head. Finally the clown turned to Beverly, he had taken the appearance of her dead father.

"Hey Bevvie, are you still my little girl?" He asked.

Beverly let out a grunt before smacking It with a rusty pipe. The clown fell to the ground shifting its head through each kids fear, trying to scare them.

Too bad they were no longer scared.

Bill hovered above the clown. "That's why you didn't kill Beverly, cause s-s-she wasn't afraid and we aren't either, not anymore" Bill said. "Now you're the one that's afraid, because you're gonna starve" Bill continued.

The clown then back flipped into the well that was behind him and dangled near the bottom, his skin slowly peeling away as what looked like a brain started to break off. "Fear" Was it's last words before letting go and falling into the abyss.

Alice looked over the edge taking in deep breaths. "I know what I'm doing for my summer experience essay" Richie muttered as Alice patted his back.

"Guys look" Stan pointed out. "The kids are floating down" He said. Alice looked up to see the kids slowly floating back to the ground. Were the kids alive, just like Beverly? Or were they dead?

Something caught Bill's eyes and he walked over to it. Bill pulled out a yellow raincoat, and with hesitant hands he looked at the collar to know the name, Georgie Denbrough was written on it. Bill hugged the raincoat close to him as he sobbed. The group then walked over to Bill and hugged the crying teen or placed a comforting hand on him.

The losers then decided it was time to leave. As Alice was walking something caught her eyes, Alice grabbed it and her eyes started to water over. It was a heart shaped locket, curious, Alice opened it and her eyes glossed over.

A picture of Alice and Betty sat inside the locket, Alice had both her arms wrapped around Betty as she had a huge smile, her eyes closed and her nose scrunched up. Betty seemed embarrassed as she looked away from the camera but her mouth was open like she was laughing.

Alice wiped her eyes and then shoved the locket in the pockets of her dress.

The next day, Alice played with the yarn at the bottom of her black shorts as her red tie-dye shirt fluttered in the wind a rusty heart shaped locket resting on her neck. "I only remember parts of it" Beverly admitted.

Beverly was telling the group of what she saw while she was under whatever trance the clown had on her. "I saw us, saw us together, back in the cistern but we were older" Beverly said before taking a pause. "Our parents age" Beverly explained.

"There was someone else there as well, a girl, she wasn't as old as us probably around our age right now" Beverly continued.

"W-w-w-what were we all doing there?" Bill asked. "Why was the g-girl there?" He question.

Beverly let her eyes drop to the ground. "I can only remember how we felt, how scared we were, I don't think I can ever forget that" Beverly said.

Bill then grabbed a shard of glass from the ground and stood. "Swear" He began. "Swear that if It isn't dead, if It ever comes back, we'll come back too" Bill said.

Alice was the first to stand up without a second thought. Alice told Bill she'd help him, doesn't matter if she was talking about the missing kids then, Alice didn't want anybody else go missing.

Bill let out a small breath of relief, soon everybody stood. Bill went around cutting each persons hand, Alice had sucked in air through her teeth once the glass came in contact with the palm of her left hand, she had probably lost all her nerves in that hand.

The group of friends then joined hands, promising each other to come back. To fight the evil they had already once defeated.

They then all dropped their hands to the side. Stan had said his goodbyes to the group and began walking off.

Beverly walked towards Alice who stared at Stan. "You aren't afraid anymore" Beverly said, saying the same words Alice shouted at the clown. "What's stopping you?" Beverly asked.

Alice looked up at Beverly. "You're right" Alice said as she hit the inside of her cheek. "I hope Portland treats you well, Bev" Alice said with a soft smile before running towards the curly haired boy.

"Yo, Stan the man!" Alice shouted before hunching over taking in deep breaths. "My god, you're a fast walker" Alice said before standing up straight.

"Whatever you say, Alice in wonderland" Stan said with a smile.

A smile grew on Alices' face her cheeks turning a light pink. "Uh, I have something to tell you,,,like really important" Alice said her face turning pink as she tugged softly at the rusty locket. Alice could practically see Beverly's anxious look burning the back of Alices' head.

"What is it?" Stan asked cocking his head slightly to the side.

Alice looked down at her feet now shifting. "Um, I-I uh" Alice stammered slowly losing her confidence her grip on the locket became a bit tighter. "I-I,,like you" Alice said before shutting her eyes tightly and turning her head the other way so she wouldn't see Stan's probably confused or weirded out face.

Alice slowly opened her eye to see Stan looking down at her, his face a bright pink. "Stan?" Alice asked grabbing his hand now worried if she did something wrong. "If your uncomfortable with this, we can pretend this never happened" Alice offered.

Stan shook his head. "I don't want to pretend this didn't happen" Stan said softly. "I like you too" Stan said.

Alice's demeanor changed as her smile grew. "You do?" Alice asked and Stan smiled as he nodded. "Oh thank god! I thought I messed up for a second there" Alice exclaimed as the two hugged each other.

Stan then lifted Alice off her feet and spun them both around as Alice squealed and laughed. Stan let Alice drop to her feet the two gazing at each other. "Are we a thing now?" Stan asked.

"Only if you're comfortable with being a thing" Alice said her hand intertwined with his. Stan's stomach seemed to be doing flips, Stan then nodded. "Then we're a thing" Alice said.

AUTHORS NOTE
LOOK💞AT💞THEM💞
UGH I LOVE THESE
CUTIES 😩😩