T W E N T Y - S I X !

[ CHAPTER XXVI:
WHAT DID YOU SEE ? ]

ALICE WAS pacing back and forth before Judy and Beverly walked inside the building both holding fear in their eyes. "Oh thank god you're both okay" Alice cried as she hugged the two girls.

Beverly hugged back the brunette woman before pulling away. Soon the door opened and Ashley was trying to catch up to Richie who was speed walking. "Richie?" Alice asked.

Richie ignored his sister and walked up the stairs, stomping on the wooden steps. Ashley let out a sigh and Alice looked over at her daughter. "Ashley, what happened?" Alice asked.

"The clown,,," Ashley said. "The clown said something that made uncle Richie so afraid, the clown told him that he know Richie's secret, I tried to tell the clown to back off but then It told I had the same dirty secret as him" Ashley said.

Alice looked over at Beverly. "I know what this is about, I'll go talk to him" Alice said as she walked up the steps as she heard Judy ask Ashley if she was alright.

"You should've heard what he said, Alice" Richie said as he ran his hand down his face. "He asked if you and the others knew, he asked if fucking Eddie knew" Richie sighed.

Alice walked towards Richie as she placed a hand on his arm. "Richie please, calm down" Alice said.

"I can't—I can't fucking calm down, Alice!" Richie exclaimed. "The clown knew, he fucking knew about the thing that I've hated about myself since I was twelve!" Richie said.

Alice placed her hand on Richies' shoulders as he rubbed his eyes. "I'm leaving" Richie said as he grabbed his suitcase.

"What? Richie, you can't just leave" Alice said.

"I'm not gonna stay here and die for this town! I don't even remember half of the people here, it's been 27 goddamn years, I risked my ass for beating up the clown the first time around I'm not doing that shit again" Richie said as he threw his clothes in his suitcase not even bothering to fold them.

Alice paused, the silence was nearly suffocating before Alice finally spoke up: "If you really are leaving I want you to take the girls then" Alice sighed. "Beverly—Beverly only saw Ashley in her vision she never saw Judy" Alice admitted.

Richie turned to look at Alice his brows dipped in confusion. "I don't want Judy to get seriously injured or worse by that fucking clown, I also don't want Ashley here either if she's going to get hurt" Alice said.

Richie stayed in silence before nodding. "Do you want me to drop them off in Atlanta?" Richie asked.

Alice nodded, "the hospital, Stan should still be staying in there" Alice said. "Please make sure that once you get there, to tell Stan not to worry about me or the others. He cannot leave the hospital unless the doctors say so" Alice said.

Richie nodded. "You tell the girls I'll take them to go grab Mike real quick" Richie said. "I don't think Ashley will budge if I tell her that we're leaving" Richie admitted and Alice nodded in agreement.

"Okay" Alice said.

Surprisingly, Ashley and Judy fell for the fib. "Richie isn't going to take them to see Mike, is he?" Beverly asked from her spot on the steps.