T E N !

[ CHAPTER X:
DIVIDED WE FALL ]

ALICE HUGGED herself tightly as Mrs.Kaspbrak was shouting at the group of teens. Eddie was clutching his arm looking down at the ground kicking softly at the dirt. "You, you did this! You know how delicate he is" Mrs.Kaspbrak said.

"We were attacked—"

Mrs.Kaspbrak held up her hand to silence Bill. "No, don't, don't try to blame anyone but yourselves" Mrs.Kaspbrak said.

Beverly took a step foreword. "Mrs.Kaspbrak if you would just listen—"

"Oh I heard of you Miss Marsh and I don't want a dirty girl like you hanging around my Eddie" Mrs.Kaspbrak said.

Alice looked at the older woman in disbelief. "Ma'am those rumors aren't true! Beverly is nothing like what Henry and the others say she's like!" Alice said.

Mrs.Kapbrak looked down at Alice but Alice tried to keep her head held high. "Don't think I haven't heard the rumors about you too, Tozier" She said making Alice flinch. "You're too rough! You've injured innocent boys! I will not allow my Eddie to hang out with such a hooligan!" She shouted.

But Henry and his goons deserved it. They were gonna hurt Mike and Henry made fun of Betty. Alice couldn't find her voice to speak up so she only looked down at the ground. "You're all monsters! All of you! Now Eddie's done with you, you hear? Done!" Mrs.Kaspbrak said as she put Eddie in the passenger seat and took her place in the driver seat before driving off.

Alice tightly hugged herself. "I hurt them for a reason" Alice muttered softly to herself, for only Stan to hear her and grabbing her hand, trying to comfort Alice.

Bill stepped in front of the others. "I saw the well. W-w-w-we know where it is and next time we'll be better prepared" Bill said. Alice didn't want a next time.

"No!" Stan shouted. "No, next time Bill! You're insane!" Stan said.

Alice squeezed Stan's hand trying to calm him down. "Why? We all know nobody else is going to do anything" Beverly said.

"Eddie was nearly killed! Alice hasn't stopped fucking crying and will only say one sentence!" Once the words escaped Richie's mouth, Alice reached up to feel her face and she hadn't stopped crying. Alice guessed she was numb to the crying now. "And look at this motherfucker!" Richie shouted gesturing to Bens wound. "He's leaking hamburger helper!" Richie finished.

"We can't pretend its going to go away. Ben, you said it yourself It comes back every twenty seven years" Beverly said.

Ben threw up his arms in surrender. "Fine! I'll be forty and far from here. I thought you wanted to get out of this town too" Ben said.

Beverly narrowed her eyes at Ben. "That's because I wanted to run towards something, not away" Beverly said. "Alice? Come on" Beverly said.

Alice took a step back and Stan moved his hand from hers to her shoulder. "I can't—I-I-I can't do that again! It just felt so real, it was so real" Alice said as she was hugging herself, her tears were rapid. "I'm sorry" Alice whispered.

Stan shushed the girl gently, trying to calm her down. Richie looked over at Beverly, a fire lightened in his eyes, Beverly had made Alice remember the thing Alice saw in Neibolt. "I'm sorry, who invited Molly Ringwald into the group?" Richie said bitterly.

Beverly looked over at Richie, giving him the bird. "Richie,,," Bill started.

"I'm just saying, let's face the facts: Georgie's dead. Stop trying to get us killed too" Richie said.

Alice wiped her eyes and looked over at Richie as Bill stepped in front of Richie's way. "Georgie's n-not dead" Bill said.

"You couldn't save him, but you can still save yourself" Richie said as he went to walk off.

"Richie" Alice said softly.

Bill stepped in his way again. "T-t-take it back! I know you're scared, we all are, but take it back!" Bill said as he shoved Richie.

Alice took a step foreword ready to try and move Bill and Richie away from each other. Richie shoved back Bill and it all seemed to happen in slow motion.

Bill took a pause and Alice ran foreword to try and block another shove but what she didn't expect was to get punched in the face. Alice stood there in shock and heard Beverly gasp as Beverly covered her mouth.

Alice's hair fell into her eyes, her tears were gone as her body focused on the pain on her cheek.

"You fucker!" Richie shouted trying to take a leap at Bill but Mike and Stan held him back, Ben held back Bill as Bill went to punch the person he actually tried to punch in the first place.

"Stop!" Beverly shouted. "This is what It wants! It wants to divide us! When we're all together, when we heard it, that's why we're still alive!" Beverly exclaimed.

Richie calmed down and snatched his arms away from Mike and Stan. "Yeah, well, I plan to keep it that way" Richie said as he walked over to his bike that was next to Alice's.

"Alice I-I-I didn't mean too—"

"I know you didn't mean too, Bill" Alice cut off Bill with a sad smile. "I better get going or else Richie might want a round two" Alice said as she walked over to Richie and picked up her bike.

The group watched as the terror twins biked off. Then, following Richie's footsteps, Mike, Stan, and Ben biked off.

AUTHORS NOTE
I'm so sorry this is short
but we get some Stan and Alice
fluff next chapter so,,,yay!