T W E N T Y - T W O !

[ CHAPTER XXII:
THE CLUBHOUSE ]

THE NEXT day the group of adults tried to keep the two girls out of light. That meant, not sharing their secrets that they couldn't even remember themselves.

Alice kept looking over her shoulder just to make sure Judy and Ashley were alright as they laughed at something Ashley had said, they didn't even know the dangers within the town or the dangers they were about to face.

Alice couldn't help but let a smile grow, they reminded her of a boy who seemed to know everything about birds and a girl who could win any fight. The two friends laughing between them and only them, not caring about the world and only caring about each other.

Alice then turned foreword as they walked into the woods. The group then looked around and Ben's eyes seem to light up with realization. "Wait, wasn't there like a clubhouse around here or something?" Ben asked.

Alice gasped as she clapped her hands. "Oh yeah!" Alice said. "I wonder if everything is still down there and shit" Alice muttered as the group looked around for the clubhouse.

Ben stomped his feet around. "I don't think it's around h—" Ben was cut off as he fell into a hole. Alice snorted before covering her mouth with her hand as she laughed quietly earning looks from Judy and Ashley.

Beverly walked towards the hole and peered down at Ben. "I'm good!" Ben called from down in the whole. Alice walked towards the entrance of the clubhouse and grabbed onto the ladder before jumping down.

Twelve year old Alice landed on her feet letting out a soft 'Ow' before looking around the small area with bright eyes. "This is so cool" Alice said before Richie soon joined her.

Eddie then landed on the ground below and Alice could tell the boy was still so energetic since they had just fought Henry Bowers and his gang with rocks. "What is this shit hole?" Eddie asked.

"It's a work in progress" Ben said. "Okay, Eddie?" Ben asked.

"Just so you know if I get hurt you're reliable on it, also what is this? Some kind of iron maiden?" Eddie asked pushing on the item that hanged from the roof of the clubhouse.

Alice walked over to Stan and elbowed him lightly in the ribs. "How much you wanna bet he's gonna whine about how much this place contains germs?" Alice asked looking up at Stan with a smirk.

Stan only smiled and shook his head. "Five bucks" Stan said.

"That-thats a flashlight" Ben said, answering Eddie's question.

"What is that a horse hitch?" Eddie asked. Stan then went to take a look around at the place. "Why would there be—oh this is cool" Eddie said his energetic voice seemingly turned normal.

Eddie picked up a paddle-ball. "That was like three dollars so can you be careful with that please" Ben said as Alice snorted with a smile on her face.

"I have one of these" Eddie said before he started playing with the paddle-ball in front of Stan's face. "Hey Stan you see this?" Eddie asked.

"Yeah, okay could you maybe not" Stan said as he kept flinching and looking away each time the ball came towards him.