S I X T E E N !

[ CHAPTER XVI:
NOT EXACTLY THE END
BUT A NEW BEGINNING ]

[ 1993 ]

ALICE WALKED down the concrete steps, a skip in her step as she walked towards the mailbox. The rusty heart shaped locket bouncing with every step. Now seventeen years old, Alice had been looking into colleges and today was the day she either get her rejection or acceptance letter from Emory University in Oxford, Georgia. More specifically Emory Law.

Alice grabbed the only envelope in the mail box as it read TO: ALICE TOZIER the anticipation was practically eating away at the girl as she ran to her house and called down Richie.

Richie walked down the steps as he yawned. "What's got you so worked up?" Richie asked as he stretched his arms and sighed.

"I got my letter!" Alice announced with glee. Richie suddenly perked up and walked towards Alice and snatched the envelope from her hand.

"Holy shit" Richie muttered before Alice snatched it back.

Alice then tore at the top and grabbed the letter. Alice's eyes skimmed through the paper, her hands clutching the paper tightly as her eyes glossed over. Richie's smile then faltered as he patted his sister in the back. "I'm sorry" Richie said.

Alice shook her head a smile growing on her lips. "They're tears of joy, Richie, I got in!" Alice exclaimed handing the letter to Richie who took it and skimmed the paper. "I made it!" Alice announced.

Richie tightly hugged his sister. "You see I told you! I fucking told you, you'd get in!" Richie said as he jumped up and down with his sister. "I guess all that studying in high-school paid off!" Richie said.

"And you said studying was meaningless" Alice said pulling away from Richie.

"You have no proof" Richie said before crossing his arms over his chest stubbornly. "Don't you have a boyfriend to tell about this?" Richie asked with a smile.

"Oh my god!" Alice gasped remembering that Stan had made Alice promise to tell him as soon as the letter came. "He's gonna be so happy!" Alice said as she ran out the front door in tennis shoes, a gray sweatshirt and black leggings as she biked all the way to Stan's.

Alice, who had the letter tightly gripped in her hands, jumped off her bike and ran up to Stan's door knocking on it. Stan's mother opened the door. "Hi Mrs.Uris, is Stan home?" Alice asked.

The woman nodded as she looked down at the paper in Alices hand. "Did you get in?" Mrs.Uris asked. Alice nodded in glee and the woman hugged her tightly. Stan had formally introduced Alice to his mother a few months when they were first dating five years ago, Mrs.Uris and Alice had bonded while Mr.Uris still had mixed feelings about her.

"He's going to be so proud of you, sweetie" Mrs.Uris said as she kissed the top of Alices head referring to Stan. "Stan's up in his room trying to finish some schoolwork" She said.

Alice nodded as she walked up the stairs and opened Stan's door to reveal Stan bobbing his head to the music in his ears while writing something as he sat at his desk.

Alice then slowly stalked over and slowly pulled at one of Stan's headphones. "Hi" Alice said making Stan jump. Alice then laughed as Stan jokingly glared at her as he took off his headphones that Alice had bought him for Christmas.

"Jeez give a guy a warning next time" Stan said as he pulled down Alice and kissed her on her lips and then pulled away with a soft smile. "What is it that you want to tell me?" Stan asked.

Alice smiled widely as she handed him the piece of paper that was now crumbled up at its sides. "Read" Alice said.

Stan stood as he took the paper from her as he read the whole thing, a smile growing on his face before tackling Alice onto his bed as his arms were wrapped around her chest and sprinkled kisses all over Alices face as she laughed. "Stanley!" Alice whined jokingly.

"What? You got into the school you've been wanting to go to since you were fourteen!" Stan asked. "You're gonna be living in Atlanta" Stan said as his proudness of Alice couldn't be missed to even the blindest of eyes.

Alice's smile then faded. She was going to be living in Atlanta, but Atlanta was so far from Derry. It was so far from Stan, Richie, Bill, Eddie, Ben and Mike.

"Oh" Alice said causing Stan to stop and look down at her.

"Oh?" Stan asked.

Alice shook her head as she sat up. "I just realized that" Alice said. "I'm gonna be really far away, Stan" Alice said looking down at her boyfriend. "You know what happens to people once they leave Derry, the further they get the more they forget" Alice said before looking up at the ceiling for a second or two before saying; "I'll decline" She said.

Stan then sat up. "Alice, this is your dream. You can't just give up on your dream especially since this place is holding you back" Stan said placing his hand on Alices'.

"But you're also my dream, Stanley Uris" Alice said looking over at Stan. "I don't want to give up one dream for another" Alice said.

"But I don't want to hold you back" Stan said. Stan then snapped his fingers an idea coming to him. "What if I come with you?" Stan asked.

"What?" Alice asked her eyes lighting up.

"What if I come with you to Atlanta? You won't forget since I'll be there and you won't loose any dream" Stan said. "Besides I've always wanted to see Atlanta" Stan shrugged.

Alice intwined their hands together. "Only if your comfortable with it" Alice said. Stan nodded with a smile. "Then we're going to Atlanta, together" Alice said with a soft smile.

"Together" Stan repeated as he rested his forehead on Alices.

AUTHORS NOTE
I'm highkey mad af about how
badly I'm about to fuck up this
cute ass couple in Part Two😤😤😤