one.

CAT

CAT

'i'm leaving for work now, i'll see you later!' i say as i grab my keys, shoving them into my bag and putting my coat on.

'yeah have a great day babe, see you later.' he shouts back before i close the front door and walk over to my car.

i get inside, connect my phone to the bluetooth and start one of my playlists as i've got an hour long drive today before starting the car and leaving the driveway.

i work as a digital editor for the bbc, in entertainment department, but mainly in sports. i've not only travelled the country for football matches but i've also travelled the world for formula one races and the olympics. not only do i write match reports and analyses, but i also do interviews with some of the biggest names in sports. it can be tough working in this industry especially as a woman being surrounded by mainly males all the time, but i love my job and i've worked god damn hard to be where i am.

today i'm heading over to liverpool football club's training ground to do a few interviews with liverpool players ahead of the new champions league season. thankfully i live in manchester so the drive isn't too long.

while i'm driving down the motorway, i get a phone call from work.

'good morning catalina.'

'morning martin.'

'are you currently on your way to melwood?'

'yes i am, i'm about halfway there now.'

'good good. well i just received an email about who you're interviewing, they sent it to you as well but as you're driving i thought i'd better call you. so if looks like you're interviewing alex oxlade chamberlain jordan henderson and virgil van dijk. stupid question but do you have your questions ready?'

'of course. ask oxlade chamberlain about his rehab, how's he feeling for the upcoming champions league and this season. ask henderson about his aims this year as captain and about winning the premier league title. ask van dijk about winning men's player of the year, the ballon d'or and being the best defender in the world.'

'always so organised and prepared, no wonder you're one of your best. anyway, i'll see you soon and good luck with the interviews.

'thank you, bye martin.' i say before hanging up. my music resumes and i just finish my journey listening to music and tapping along on the steering wheel.

-

i've arrived at melwood and i'm currently walking down the hallway, hells clicking on the floor, as i follow one of the staff members to start my interviews.

'so this is where we do all interviews with the press. even though most people bring their own equipment, we've got microphones headsets a computer whatever you need, don't be afraid to use it.' she says showing a cabinet filled with equipment.